We were like gods once... BIG UPDATE Friday Nov 5!

Peterson

First Post
ledded said:
Heh.

Thanks Peterson. Always trust you to get to the heart of the matter, as it were. :)

My pleasure ledded. I remember how those "meds" make you forgetful.

Looking forward to both the update and the future Sci Fi SH. ;)

Peterson

Ledded!

Hey man,

Back from the dead as it were. Looking forward to reading more of your stuff now that I'll be skulking the halls of EN World again.

Twins are doing great. Big enough now that I can sit down and read a posting between playing baby wrangler.

Rocketship Empires and Tale of Girl were floating in the oceans of serious offers from various publishers. At the San Diego COmic's convention they were finally picked up by someone with a vision that matches ours a bit better for where to take them.

Look for a Rocketship Empires comic book to be coming out in the next twelve months at a comic book store near you along with a Tale of Girl graphic novel.

Books and movie stuff are also floating out there on the horizon of possibilities.

Just wanted to give you a hey.

Take care man. Can't wait to hear from you.
Ed

ledded

Herder of monkies
Edward Kann@StoryART said:
Hey man,

Back from the dead as it were. Looking forward to reading more of your stuff now that I'll be skulking the halls of EN World again.

Twins are doing great. Big enough now that I can sit down and read a posting between playing baby wrangler.

Glad to see ya back, man. I know how it is with twins, I have twin girls (4 years) myself and a 7 year old boy. Twins can be... an interesting challenge ;)

Rocketship Empires and Tale of Girl were floating in the oceans of serious offers from various publishers. At the San Diego COmic's convention they were finally picked up by someone with a vision that matches ours a bit better for where to take them.

Look for a Rocketship Empires comic book to be coming out in the next twelve months at a comic book store near you along with a Tale of Girl graphic novel.

Books and movie stuff are also floating out there on the horizon of possibilities.

Just wanted to give you a hey.

Take care man. Can't wait to hear from you.
Ed

Sounds great, I'm glad it's taking off for you nicely. I look forward to seeing more of the Rocketship Empires stuff, I love what ya'll have done with it. I'll be keeping my eyes open for it.

Maybe I'll try to get my back-burnered update for this SH finished up soon to give you something to skulk on.

Rel

Liquid Awesome
ledded,

I saw you post in another thread and I just wanted to let you know that I've been thinking about you and yours down along the gulf coast. I've got close family friends down in the middle of Mississippi and found out yesterday that they're ok. I continue to send my well wishes and prayers to you guys and I hope that your other loved ones further south are doing alright too.

ledded

Herder of monkies
Thanks much Rel, I do appreciate it.

Luckily here in the 'Ham we just had a lot of downed trees and power outages, I'm having to go home from work every few hours to check on my neighbor's generator that is powering our refridgerators, since I'm pretty sure I can't apply to FEMA if I lose a few hundred bucks worth of groceries :). I've got all of our fallen trees (and a few of my neighbors) cleaned up, hopefully they will have the power back on soon (been out since Monday) but all in all we're taking it in stride as it could have been a lot worse, and is for a lot of folks. There are numerous shelters set up in our area for folks from Mississippi and L.A. (Lower Alabama) and I had my kids go through their clothes and games last night to get together a few bags to take to the kids there. Most of the folks I know near the gulf came out all right, thank goodness, but there are sure plenty that didnt.

So let me urge you folks, if you havent already, drop by the Red Cross website and donate a few bucks if you can; a little bit from a lot of folks goes a long way. There are literally hundreds of thousands of people down that way that dont have, and wont have, a home to go to anytime soon.

BTW, I *love* your tagline in the sig. Hilarious.

ledded

Herder of monkies
Thanks again to the folks who have emailed me and posted in threads their concern over how folks fared here in the south, it is very much appreciated.

Last edited:

ledded

Herder of monkies
On a brighter note, Capellan of Q-Ship and other story hour fame stopped by this weekend while visiting friend in our fair city and shared an evening of gaming and gaming war stories with us. We had a really good time, a lot of laughs, and much fun with Cap, who is quite the intelligent and fun gamer. A consumate roleplayer, if you ever get a chance to game with him, run; do not walk to that table. Thanks for the fun Cap.

Last edited:

PallidPatience

First Post
Please don't tell me this is the end of the story!

Hope that all's going well with you guys, and that whatever's holding up this wonderful tale is resolved soon!

ledded

Herder of monkies
No, not the end of the story. Just got busy and stopped writing for a while (quite a while). I was honestly kinda suprised to see someone ping it today :)

I have a partial update that I should have dusted off and gotten finished a long, long time ago, but between work, home, kids, etc... well, ya'll know how it is, plus tastes of readers on the boards sort of trended towards games/stories that were very much unlike what I was writing. We did have several more sessions of this before we sort of trailed off, and some of the latter sessions I had been looking very much forward to writing up. Maybe if I can slap that obnoxious, apathetic muse awake I'll try to give it a shot again one day.

But thanks for stopping by, things are going pretty good with the group. We did have a player leave a while back, and another (from these boards, no doubt) joined us a while after that. Heapthaumaturgist started gaming with us a few months back and has been a load of fun, he's a hell of a gamer and an all-around fun, involved, and intelligent rpg'er. He's unfortunately on a short haitus right now, but we look forward to having him back sometime soon.

Rel

Liquid Awesome
I know how story hour burnout can be, ledded. But I wanted to just add my voice to those who think this is one of the best story hours ever.

Remove ads