We were like gods once... BIG UPDATE Friday Nov 5!

Angcuru

First Post
Another magnificent update!! That moment where the mangled nazi was used as an impromptu projectile was just HILARIOUS! :D

Well, since all the master story hour writers and addicts frequent this brilliant thread, I might as well post a link to my newly-resurrected Story Hour, get some feedback.

Avarimorion Maranwen'tyene

Old-school D&D Bhaalspawn Saga 'Module' with a twist. Massive detail, huge updates, and everyone's favorite hamster-toting ranger. ;) First few posts are introductory flashbacks, then we get to the meat of the story. Violent, flesh-rending meat it may be, but meat still. :p Pending post renovation/editing, there shall be regular updates. :)

Eyas

First Post
ledded said:
I *wish*. I used to do character sketches as a younger lad, but years of computer-induced carpal tunnel and non-practice have reduced my recent attempts to laughable parodies of my former level of nearly non-existent skills. I tend to 'cast' them in my head as various actors (Smitty played by Barry Pepper, Moose played by a clean-shaven Abraham Benrubi , Frogbot by a bald and made-up Peter Sellers if he were still alive crossed with Randy Quaid's character Bruno in Pluto Nash, Hank by a red-headed Giovanni Ribisi, and John by a pale skin-and-eyed Matthew McConaughey). The players themselves would probably have a different spin, of course, this is just how *I* see them.

Well, now that you mention it, I agree with you. I had never really given too much thought to an actor who would best portray John, but Mathew McConaughey would be a good fit, especially the look he had in Reign of Fire, just with a bit more hair.

Last edited:

ledded

Herder of monkies
Peterson said:
Right. Now would you want those stick figures in color or just done in pencil?

Seriously, this is a great read man - and the characters are impressive to say the least. Makes me almost forget about Jonrog and Old Drew ID......almost.

Peterson
Heh. You hit the nail on the head, man. Though I wouldnt quite forget Jonrog or OldDrewId, I'm a poor surrogate in their absence, but they'll be back some day :)

Heck, I would go so far as to offer one or two custom-converted and well-painted miniatures of the artists favorite character to entice them for a few good comic-ish but nice portraits (hey, that's tangible, and one of the few things I do well other than my job... ;) ).

But, I'm afraid it's to no avail, I'm not sure there are that many artsy types (other than some damn fine writers) who visit this thread unfortunately.

Face it boys, it's one o' dem meat-and-potatoes threads :). Maybe I'll get Fludogg to help me photoshop up some actors photos or something. OldDrewId did one for Medallions that just *rocked*.

ledded

Herder of monkies
Eyas said:
Well, now that you mention it, I agree with you. I had never really given too much thought to an actor who would best portray John, but Mathew McConaughey would be a good fit, especially the look he had in Reign of Fire, just with a bit more hair.
I agree, now that you mention it, a Reign of Fire McConaughey with a little more head hair, a little less facial hair, and those wild-dragon fightin' eyes with a pair of whitish-blue contacts, and he'd fit that perfect. Even got the good midwest/country accent.

ledded

Herder of monkies
threshel said:
Please?

Seriously.

If I update will you?

...[takes silence as a yes ;)]

Ok. I updated yesterday. Your turn.

:)
J
Oh, well, all right, I'll try to work something up by early next week, since I've been having so much fun reading your Story hour. By the way folks, if you havent read Threshel's Mad Bard story hour (link in his sig), you darn well should get over there right now. It's good stuff, get hooked early while all the cool kids are doing it :).

Remove ads