We were like gods once... BIG UPDATE Friday Nov 5!

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Impressive, Ledded. The events of this latest update were wicked cool. But what most impresses me is the brilliance of your story telling. I think this is your best writing yet and that is saying something.

Good show. ;)

ledded

Herder of monkies
Pierce said:
Dang, led, heck of an update. Thanks for your work on Smitty. Every time you post I get the itch to go and play him some more!
Hey man, you play him well, I just write him up later. Keep on making him interesting, and I'll keep writing. I do have to say, he's had his time in the sun lately, and it's been fun writing it up, even if I did make some of the stuff up from just how you play him :D. Thanks for the comments.

Angcuru said:
Thanks!

Paxr0mana said:
In the end, victory shall go to the Supers with the coolest Code Names.
Hmmm... that does not bode well, for the heroes have yet to encounter the dreaded Nazi android, Ejaculatron. ;)

threshel said:
Yes! Awesome update.
Thanks. Guys, threshel is on an incredible roll with his own SH effort. It is a must read. Rocked my socks off, and I'm still lookin' for 'em.

Broccli_Head said:
Nice update! Really liked ein Shub's dying words, and Smitty's reflections.
Thanks much. He was a favorite bad guy of mine in this campaign, mainly because snipers are soooo annoying to players, especially Uber-snipers. :)

Rel said:
Impressive, Ledded. The events of this latest update were wicked cool. But what most impresses me is the brilliance of your story telling. I think this is your best writing yet and that is saying something.
Good show. ;)
Damn nice thing to say man, I'm all embarressed. I feel like Donkey in the Shrek movie...

"Didja hear that, he call me a 'noble steed'! I'm a steed!"

Thanks. The events sort of just came from how the guys reacted, and the fact that Eyas (John/Artic Wolf) and myself (Bulwark) couldnt roll for jack all night long, while Frogbot and Smitty were whacking everything in sight. And after having their lunches smashed into their faces the last few encounters with Nazi ubers, they were itching to really masticate some bad guys, especially since they had recently levelled and 'applied' themselves a little better.

I really appreciate the nice comments folks, so much that I may just have to start on the next update soon.

Preview: In the next issue, join our team of misfits as they investigate the source of impossible Nazi bombing raids from Norway, the disappearance of a British Destroyer group, the appearance a mysterious Nazi island and then Frogbot shows us how to Properly Disarm a Steel Door Alarm (tm). We'll meet a frighteningly effective new ESS, Moose and Hank return to action hale and healthy once again, and we further explore what it is that the group has against airplanes.

ledded

Herder of monkies
Almost forgot...

I posted up a few new pics of our game table that came directly from the last issue posted above. Check out Ledded's Miniatures thread, link in my sig.

Peterson

First Post
ledded said:
Preview: In the next issue, join our team of misfits as they investigate the source of impossible Nazi bombing raids from Norway, the disappearance of a British Destroyer group, the appearance a mysterious Nazi island and then Frogbot shows us how to Properly Disarm a Steel Door Alarm (tm). We'll meet a frighteningly effective new ESS, Moose and Hank return to action hale and healthy once again, and we further explore what it is that the group has against airplanes.

Hellayeah!!!!!

I can't wait. Seriously, ledded, I back up Rel's comments above - you're writing went over the top this time. Excellently done. Thanks for another great read.

Peterson

Rel

Liquid Awesome
ledded said:
Almost forgot...

I posted up a few new pics of our game table that came directly from the last issue posted above. Check out Ledded's Miniatures thread, link in my sig.

It isn't terribly pressing or anything, but you might want to update that thread title to reflect the proper date.

Paxr0mana

First Post
ledded said:
Hmmm... that does not bode well, for the heroes have yet to encounter the dreaded Nazi android, Ejaculatron. ;)

Sounds like Smitty and the others would be in a real sticky situation if they met him.

*twitch*

I'd like to apologize now.

Mortepierre

First Post
ledded said:
He sat him down, reviewed his utter lack of first aid in his programming. Frogbot shrugged his shoulders, bent Bulwark double, and squeezed his sides as hard as possible. There might have been a couple snapping sounds, but Frogbot was lost to them as black smoke and vomit poured out of the shield-bearing American, who began coughing and sputtering more normally.

“Ha-HA! Frogbot has feexed you, Bulwark! Now I am ze doctor too! Oui, a promotion!” Frogbot happily stated as his rank insignia flipped on his uniform, displaying his self-appointed new status. Bulwark groaned and threw up again.

Pri-ce-less!

I must say, I am quite happy to have been led to this SH. Initially, I didn't think I would enjoy anything not set in a medieval setting but you proved me wrong. Took me a few days to read it all but now I can't wait for the next part.

Well done!

ledded

Herder of monkies
Mortepierre said:
Pri-ce-less!

I must say, I am quite happy to have been led to this SH. Initially, I didn't think I would enjoy anything not set in a medieval setting but you proved me wrong. Took me a few days to read it all but now I can't wait for the next part.

Well done!
Welcome! I'm glad you stopped in. And since you are listed in under your avatar as being from Western Europe, I hope *any* familiarity with the German language and actual German accents that you may have are not too terribly offended by my linguistic ignorance :).

I'm glad that you enjoyed it, especially if you are normally accustomed to a D&D/Medieval setting. If you even remotely like it, you should *really* check out my regular GM's story hour "Medallions" (link in my sig). It is a d20 Modern story hour set in, well, 'modern' times :) in our very own hometown of 1.3 million people. Jonrog1, Heapthaumaturgist, and several others have some very good modern setting story hours also. If you have the time, check them out.

And to my other 7 readers :), please drop by Mortepierre's story hour, so far he is rocking the socks off of pretty much anyone who stops by. It's D&D Story Hour at it's finest!

Side note: I'm in the middle of changing jobs, so my writing time will probably go down for a while. But, in the midst of working out my notice I hope to get the next issue to the newstands.

Mortepierre

First Post
ledded said:
Welcome! I'm glad you stopped in. And since you are listed in under your avatar as being from Western Europe, I hope *any* familiarity with the German language and actual German accents that you may have are not too terribly offended by my linguistic ignorance :).

<laughs> I don't know why but when you tell people you come from Western Europe, they automatically assume you're German. Don't worry, that's not the case. If anything, I would rather be offended by Frogbot's accent (being french speaking myself).

Have no fear. I am not french, so I actually found it highly amusing. Reminds me of the old Bugs Bunny cartoons and the way "french" characters speak in it :lol:

ledded said:
If you even remotely like it, you should *really* check out my regular GM's story hour "Medallions" (link in my sig). It is a d20 Modern story hour set in, well, 'modern' times :) in our very own hometown of 1.3 million people. Jonrog1, Heapthaumaturgist, and several others have some very good modern setting story hours also. If you have the time, check them out.

That was my intention. Just give me a few weeks to read them all. Lots of posts in there! ;)

Thanks to you, Chapter 1 of my SH will be late. Can't write and read at the same time :p

Last edited:

ledded

Herder of monkies
Mortepierre said:
<laughs> I don't know why but when you tell people you come from Western Europe, they automatically assume you're German. Don't worry, that's not the case. If anything, I would rather be offended by Frogbot's accent (being french speaking myself).

Have no fear. I am not french, so I actually found it highly amusing. Reminds me of the old Bugs Bunny cartoons and the way "french" characters speak in it :lol:
Oh, I didnt assume that you were German at all, it's just that Germany is, well, really close to Western Europe, so I figured you were much more familiar with the German language/people than I, and probably sat there once or twice going "oh man, why to people think that Germans always talk like that :).

And I probably would have said something about Frogbot's horribly obvious french stereotyping, as he is most likely *highly* offensive to someone hailing from France that might be sensitive about these kinds of things, but *I* am in no way responsible for him. That is OldDrewId's department, he is the sole, and unapologetic creative force behind all the things that Frogbot does and says.

But I really don't worry about it too much as this is a game and not a political commentary (as if there were that much difference). I live in the Southern U.S. and you wouldnt believe the stereotypes and things people assume about us :). All in good fun, etc. ;)

Mortepierre said:
That was my intention. Just give me a few weeks to read them all. Lots of posts in there! ;)

Thanks to you, Chapter 1 of my SH will be late. Can't write and read at the same time :p
Cool. Though I hate that I'm responsible for the lateness of your SH, which I'm totally digging right now, but I'm happy to have you aboard. Jonrog1 did a story hour similar to this one a while back that while pretty short, was far superior in style and content. It was called something like 'Nadia Tesla and the Agents of Extraordinary Caliber', and was quite frankly the funniest and coolest Story Hour I've ever read. If you do a search I believe it's still out there somewhere on enworld.

Well, everyone wish me a happy Birthday today (turning 35). I'm now off to get ready for my birthday party, which will involve the whole Medallions gang (plus some folks) coming over to my house to grill large quantities of meat, drink beer, and catch some serious college football rivalries.

Remove ads