• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wee Jas and Paladins?

Moe Ronalds

First Post
Today I was thinking about Paladins, and I remembered reading somewhere that someone lets a Paladin's patron diety be one step away from them alignment-wise. This reminded me of the Clerics of Wee Jas thread, and I wondered what a Paladin of Wee Jas would be like. Would they be possible? Would they be any different from other Paladin's personality-wise? Would they be any different concerning rules and abilities? I figured they'd be possible, but they may be slightly less zealous than a normal Paladin, and possibly a bit creepier. They may have a particular distaste for undead, or, alternatively, they could possibly see controlling undead (but possibly not creating them) as an acceptable act, as long as it furthered the cause of good, and as long as the undead were eventually put to rest. THoughts? Feelings? Flames?

Bhadrak

First Post
Paladins of Wee Jas are actually fairly common in the RPGA's "Living Greyhawk" campaign. In fact, it's kind of creepy how many there are.

rounser

First Post
There have been more threads about Wee Jas on these boards than perhaps any other GH deity whose name isn't an anagram of "Vance".

Could it be that Wee Jas is kewl? Magic & death are "kewl"...and now this stuff about RPGA paladins.

*shudder*

Psionic drow pirate ninja paladins of Wee Jas...

The bar has been raised, Ryan Dancey! :D

Harlock

First Post
rounser said:
Psionic drow pirate ninja paladins of Wee Jas...

I have information from a very knowledgable source that pirates and ninjas don't get on very well at all. If you don't believe me just go and look at that site. Yeah, you all know the one I am talking about. It's sweet. :D

rounser

First Post
It's sweet.
Don't repress me with your historical facts and common sense! :mad:

D&D 3E is all about options, man, and if I want to have an adventure based around a spelljammer armada of psionic drow pirate ninja paladins of wee jas going to a tarrasque rodeo on Athas, I'll jolly well go ahead and do so, thankyouverymuch!

Mmmm....Tarrasque rodeos....sweeeeeet..... :p

chatdemon

First Post
I personally can't stand the idea of a Jasidan paladin.

To me, paladins embody law, goodness, life, the pursuit of happiness, etc.

Wee Jas embodies death, vanity, and obiedience.

To me, they just don't have any common ground.

Yes, it is true that Wee Jas has had lawful good followers since her write up in Dragon magazine by Len Lakofka for 1e, but I've never liked it.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads