• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wee Jas and Paladins?

Skarp Hedin

First Post
Yes, it is true that Wee Jas has had lawful good followers since her write up in Dragon magazine by Len Lakofka for 1e, but I've never liked it.

A little thing called Greyhawk canon. Love it, Live it.

Now that's funny stuff! :D

To the topic at hand:

I would imagine that a Jasidan paladin would be a lot like a Kelemvite paladin from FR. Also, Chatdemon, you say that Wee Jas is all about obedience (and some other stuff), but I'd say that the paladin's life has quite a bit to do with obedience as well.

Not that I've ever DM'd one, but I'd say Jasidan paladins would be into defense of graveyards, etc.

I do agree that the vanity aspect is kind of off.. but what DM hasn't seen a vain paladin who insists on polishing his armor to a mirror-bright shine? ;)

LostSoul

Adventurer
chatdemon said:
To me, paladins embody law, goodness, life, the pursuit of happiness, etc.

Wee Jas embodies death, vanity, and obiedience.

Life & death are very closely related. Death isn't the antithesis of life; it's the ending, the final chapter, a necessary part. Paladins of Wee Jas might celebrate Death as the final journey, help with mourning and deal with the rituals and practices that help the community deal with grief and loss.

Law can easily be related with death and obidience. (You could throw in "pursuit of happiness" there along with obidience - it's your duty to live a happy life.) Death is the price of life. So they hate unded because they break this "ultimate" law.

edit: A "Good" spin on vanity might be a celebration of fertility, of a personal drive towards excellence, blah blah blah.

Just some thoughts.

Last edited:

kengar

First Post
Not to move too far afield, but in the game RuneQuest, there is/was a deity called Humakt, who was the god of death and honor (truth). One of the things about the Humakti code was Dead=DEAD. They hated the undead and even frowned on resurrection. They were also gifted warriors and prized as mercenaries.

I could see a paladin taking to certain aspects of Wee Jas' doctrine, though they would be a little more L than G, IMHO.

Henry

Autoexreginated
I think the next time I play in a GH or FR campaign, I may run a LG Paladin of (Kelemvor/Wee Jas). Now THAT would be a fun role! People would prefer to start hanging around the party Paladins of Torm because they were livelier and more fun-loving than me. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads