• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[WEIRD] Knights of Cydonia video

I don't know how many of you have heard the song "Knights of Cydonia," but I've just discovered the video. This is quite possibly one of the most bizarre manifestations of sheer cool genius I've ever seen. ;)

And yes, I've managed to draw gaming inspiration from this...

(Go with the higher resolution option if you've got the bandwidth. It's worth it.)

http://download.wbr.com/quicktime/muse.html

Dagger75

Epic Commoner
Wierd, its like Firefly with the chinese and western stuff. Then the laser guns and holographic band. Then there was the chick on the unicorn which, well hell I don't know. Pretty cool though.

Chain Lightning

First Post
Dagger75 said:
Wierd, its like Firefly with the chinese and western stuff.

Yeah kinda...except with better camera angles and a slightly higher budget for props. ;) [ runs away from hordes of offended Firefly fanatics -- hides from EN World forums for next 2 weeks]

Tolen Mar

First Post
Well, three things come to mind:

1) I love the song, that was awesom, and I'm inspired now to look more into it.

2) The video sucked. As a video.

3) doesn't the video on the other hand look like one of those cheesy sci-fi movies that are destined to be classics...(like, say Ice Pirates?)

I'm torn. On one hand, that is an awful, awful song, one that's been inflicted on me by my local radio station for weeks now. In fact, it's the first song that's ever moved me to call the station and complain. BUT, that video is all kinds of awesome. It actually makes the song a little better.

Dr. David Thorpe of Something Awful.com was bizarrely prescient when he wrote the following in his Your Band Sucks column a couple weeks ago:
Dr. David Thorpe said:
The album’s second single, “Knights of Cydonia,” sounds like the theme song to a wild-west Highlander sequel set in Freddie Mercury’s butt.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads