D&D General Welcome Thread

Fellentos

First Post
Hey everbody!

I'm going to play my first 5e D&D game, and as DM as well for 3 of my friends. I bought the PHB en looked a lot into all the rules. Very excited about this edition and my first table-top game

I played Baldurs Gate 2 (2nd ed.), Neverwinter Nights 2 (3rd ed.) as my first experience with D&D

Kind regards,
Fellentos

bayonetbrant

Explorer
Saying "HI" as instructed :)

Was told it would be gauche not to say 'hi' and introduce myself

Wargaming since the late 70s

RPGer since early 80s

Was one of the original denizens of the Mystara boards back when TSR's official presence was on AOL (I was B1Bard back then, if you look thru those archives)

Published a few RPG products about 17-18 years ago, and some wargames about 10 years ago.

For the past 5 years I've been the editorial/content director over at GrogHeads.com, a wargame-focused site that covers a lot of RPG material, too, both digital and tabletop. We've also spent the last 4 years running a wargaming program at Origins in Columbus, OH. I'm also the co-host of The GrogCast (our podcast) and Dragon' Up The Past (our new video series).

Over the years, I've done game design for RPGs, wargames, the National Defense University, health departments, the NSA, online forums, and at least one (thankfully-aborted) attempt to game-ify training of insurance/securities sales agents.

I was a total pack-rat for random, wacky, and occasionally-obscure games throughout my life, which explains why I might be one of the few dudes out there to own Justifiers, Duel, TWERPS, Swordbearer, Ysgarth, and Dawnforge.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Howdy to all the new members! Set a spell. Take your shoes off. Y’all come back now, ya hear?
0412_jed-clampett_280x340.jpg

QuetzalLogic

Villager
Hi, long-time intermittent RPGer here in Seattle, started with 1st Ed, played lots of homebrewed 2nd Ed in high school & college, now getting back into 5th Ed because the kids are finally old enough to appreciate it.

Currently looking for a good character generator for 5th Ed which will allow me to save and print out character sheets.

Thanks,
QuetzalLogic

ccmcloughlin

First Post
Hi!

Long time DM looking to get into the world of professional RPG writing and storytelling. I'm a consultant for a real-play D&D podcast, Join the Party! My long-running Pathfinder campaign is currently on break so I've been delving into other systems for one-shots. Currently running a Werewolf: The Forsaken game.

Always open to advice on games writing and better DM'ing!

Hello! Played 1st edition as a kid then my own kid introduced me to 5th edition, which I've been playing/DMing for over two years now. Looking to share and receive knowledge to up my game. Thanks!

Horsemanwar101

First Post
Greetings community! The Horseman of War is here to take peace from all the non-gamers so that the geeks can inherit the Earth. Gamer with 20+ years of experience as a player, DM/GM, and content creator. I look forward to hanging out with my peeps in the community.

Remove ads