D&D General Welcome Thread

DBB-8

First Post
Hi everyone! David here – I'm a graphic designer, illustrator, & amateur game designer based in New York City.

I've been playing tabletop rpgs regularly for about 3 years, and I've just started getting into designing my own. TTRPG interests include D&D 5e, PbtA games, story games, and actual-play podcasts.

patrickborrelli

First Post
Hello all...
I started playing D&D in the early 80's, red box Basic, then AD&D 1st edition. Just started playing again about a year ago, 5e...loving it, great to be back.

ThestiasGaming

First Post
Hey there! I'm Thes, or Mal, or really whatever you want to call me haha; I'm a long-time browser of the forums, but figured I may as well actually sign up for my own account today to share my (unwanted) opinions, lol. Been playing TTRPGs for thirteen years now; I'm a huge video game fan, a cat mum, amateur artist, cosplayer, and fanfiction writer. Nice to meet y'all

ParanoydStyle

Peace Among Worlds
Hello everyone, I've already made a few posts but then I saw this thread.

I co-founded and co-owned End Transmission Games LLC, which published a little over a dozen RPG games (including but not limited to: Anathema, Phantasm(2010), SPLINTER, Psionics, Systems Malfunction) and books that I wrote, until 2017 when the company was shuddered. We were nominated for two ENnie awards which I'm still quite proud of. I also did quite a bit of writing for Shadowrun 4th Edition and some for 5th Ed. Back in 2014-2016 I had acquired a lot of enemies in the indie game/story game space, for reasons that I never fully understood and which are now too tedious to recollect. But I still occasionally get the vague impression that someone is actively poisoning the well against me or just rooting so hard for me to fail that I can feel it. Anyway, since all of that drama and an extended leave of absence from the community, upon my return I am endeavoring to stay consistently apolitical and generally not say anything that will get people riled up. I hope that I'm a mellower person now and I hope not to spend any significant portion of my time arguing with people online. We'll see how that goes, I guess.

I genuinely have trouble not cursing (it's not a Tourette's thing or anything, I just have a filthy mouth and haven't had anyone to keep it in check in years) so if you see a genuinely stupid amount of smilies in my post, that's why. I'll work on that.

I have been playing RPGs in general and D&D in particular for approximately 15 forevers (since at least 2004 in the case of D&D; I'm aware some of you grogs have been playing D&D since literally before I was born, and I respect the heck out of that). The TTRPG industry isn't much of an industry (it encompasses very few actual jobs) which is a shame because it's the only sector in which I'm qualified to work.

I am pretty much brand new to D&D 5E. I was pleasantly surprised to find that it's really really good. I want to learn how to...I dunno...blog...stream...bleam? Whatever it is the kids are doing today that builds an audience for D&D content, I want to learn how to do that. So if anyone feels like educating a confused old grognard about how this whole Blogcasting-Livestreaming-D&D-Twitch-Twitter ecosystem works and how realistically to get into it, I'd be mighty grateful, shoot me a PM.

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
Hi all. Just joined after reading for a bit as a guest. Played 2E and 3E, took a break, and now back with 5E for about six months. Used to play some other games, too, but it's been a while.

Remove ads