Welcome to the DC Area Gameday, 27 October 2007!!!

Wednesday Boy

The Nerd WhoFell to Earth
Bretbo said:
Actually, we we're kinda semi-annual with DC/MD/VA Gameday for a while, but it kind of blew up. I have a feeling that this effort will kick start things again...at least I hope.

Awesome! That sounds great. I'm up for helping with the next one!!

The_Universe

First Post
Ace32 said:
I imagine we can get the different game sign ups and such going in this thread? This should be lots of fun once it gets rolling.
There's a whole forum here. Feel free to start up an entire thread for any game you plan/hope to run!

Psion

Adventurer
Queen_Dopplepopolis said:
I'm hoping that game sign up will work the same way it does in the GenCon scheduling forum.

I think it'd be a good idea to block out some slots rather than just throwing whatever out there. The GenCon forums have the advantage of having some pretty standard official event schedule to plan around.

Rodrigo said the rooms available from 9-12 midnight, right?

Some slots might be:

9-1
2-6
7-11

Possibly leaving an hour on other side for events you might want to run longer and for breaks. Thoughts?

The_Universe

First Post
Psion said:
I think it'd be a good idea to block out some slots rather than just throwing whatever out there. The GenCon forums have the advantage of having some pretty standard official event schedule to plan around.

Some slots might be:

9-1
2-6
7-11

Possibly leaving an hour on other side for events you might want to run longer and for breaks. Thoughts?
I was actually thinking we'd just do 2 slots for this one. 9-2 and 3-8, much like the NC game day does. We can use the remaining time for a group dinner, or a raffle or something.

Psion

Adventurer
The_Universe said:
I was actually thinking we'd just do 2 slots for this one. 9-2 and 3-8, much like the NC game day does. We can use the remaining time for a group dinner, or a raffle or something.

That works for me. I always found for TerpCons, I realistically have to duck out for the last slot anyhow.

Starting right at 9 is a bad idea, I think. I can't get in earlier than that, so I'd like to leave at least a half-hour for getting the key, opening the room, moving tables around, etc.

Other than that, I have no preference. The group meal is fun, but so's gaming till all hours. I'm up for anything.

One thing I have to keep in mind, though, is I have to be physically present the entire time, so I can't take off and leave people in the room. I can't take off for dinner and leave the room unattended if other people want to keep gaming. (Not that I'm trying to be a martyr :lol: )

The_Universe

First Post
Rodrigo Istalindir said:
Starting right at 9 is a bad idea, I think. I can't get in earlier than that, so I'd like to leave at least a half-hour for getting the key, opening the room, moving tables around, etc.

Other than that, I have no preference. The group meal is fun, but so's gaming till all hours. I'm up for anything.

One thing I have to keep in mind, though, is I have to be physically present the entire time, so I can't take off and leave people in the room. I can't take off for dinner and leave the room unattended if other people want to keep gaming. (Not that I'm trying to be a martyr :lol: )
So 9:30am is the earliest we can start?

How long do we want these sessions to be? Certainly no less than 4 hours, and I'd say no longer than 5. With that in mind, I'd say our choices for session times seem to be...

9:30 - 1:30 and 2:30 - 6:30
9:30 - 2:00 and 3:00 - 7:30
9:30 - 2:30 and 3:30 - 8:30.

Raffle and dinner to follow.

Shall I start a poll?

Psion said:

Some slots might be:

9-1
2-6
7-11

I never intended to just have it be a free-for-all. I meant that we'd establish time-slots and then GMs could post their games.

Remove ads