Welcome to the DC Area Gameday, 27 October 2007!!!

madwabbit

First Post
Perhaps a bit soon to discuss, since we don't have Fall'07 under our belt yet, but there's nothing wrong I think in asking if any thought as to when the Spring'08 session would happen? If "semi-annual" is truly the intent, then that will place us in late April/early May, correct?

I ask only because I definitely might be able to secure a very choice location with ample room, Metro access, and good parking but it probably won't be available until ... well, late April/early May.

And since this isn't my event to dictate to, about, or even represent, so I thought it would be good to get a sense from y'all before continuing discussions with the space managers (who are definitely amenable to the event as tentatively described to them).

Maybe something to talk about soon, when we see each other in person?

--tom

Last edited:

I was thinking mid-May'ish myself. The two-day NC Gameday is in mid/late April and I plan on going to that this year (and I know others from the DC area travel down for it as well).

Wednesday Boy

The Nerd WhoFell to Earth
madwabbit said:
Perhaps a bit soon to discuss, since we don't have Fall'07 under our belt yet, but there's nothing wrong I think in asking if any thought as to when the Spring'08 session would happen? If "semi-annual" is truly the intent, then that will place us in late April/early May, correct?

I can't make it this weekend but I can't wait for a Spring '08 session!

The_Universe

First Post
May could work, but we might want to go earlier (March?) as well. May and June will be a scheduling nightmare for QueenDopplepopolis and I, and we don't want to step on NC's toes for their excellent offering (especially since, as hinted above, we're planning to go down for that).

Of course, it never hurts to keep an eye out for a good venue in the area. It sounds like we're going to be looking at something close to a full house in the current space...and, if things go even half as well as they should, we can expect more people for the next offering.

MarauderX

Explorer
I'll need to skip this year... I'll be moving that very weekend to our new home in Takoma Park, MD. I was looking forward to continuing a one-shot saga I have going - www.guildofdefiance.wikispaces.com.

BTW, you should advertise on the DC area RGP yahoo groups and meetups... lots o' people with similar interests would love it.

I'll see about the next DC-area game day.

Goken100

First Post
I totally missed this! I'm subscribing to this thread, let me know if there's anything else I can do to be notified about when the next event is planned.

madwabbit

First Post
Goken100 said:
I totally missed this! I'm subscribing to this thread, let me know if there's anything else I can do to be notified about when the next event is planned.
Stay tuned -- there's another one coming up in March!

Remove ads