• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wepon fort saves

jason_gosse

First Post
I was asked by my Dm to find fort saves for wepons,(he would do it him self he is just busy with school and I have alot of spear time on my hands.) I have no clue where to look. could any one tell me what book and under what I can find this. or how you work the saves.

IcyCool

First Post
jason_gosse said:
I was asked by my Dm to find fort saves for wepons,(he would do it him self he is just busy with school and I have alot of spear time on my hands.) I have no clue where to look. could any one tell me what book and under what I can find this. or how you work the saves.

A weapon doesn't get a save unless it is being carried by a creature. And then it uses the creature's save. There's a slight difference with magical weapons, but the exact details elude me at the moment...

James McMurray

First Post
SRD said:
A magic item doesn’t need to make a saving throw unless it is unattended, it is specifically targeted by the effect, or its wielder rolls a natural 1 on his save. Magic items should always get a saving throw against spells that might deal damage to them— even against attacks from which a nonmagical item would normally get no chance to save. Magic items use the same saving throw bonus for all saves, no matter what the type (Fortitude, Reflex, or Will). A magic item’s saving throw bonus equals 2 + one-half its caster level (round down). The only exceptions to this are intelligent magic items, which make Will saves based on their own Wisdom scores.

http://www.systemreferencedocuments.org/35/sovelior_sage/magicItems.html

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads