• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

We're considering eliminating the publisher/press release forum

IronWolf

blank
I can't figure out where to announce our products (and I don't seem to be able to do it on the News forum). We had a product released on Jan 1st.

You can announce it in the appropriate forum, so if it is something Pathfinder related you can post an announcement there and so on. It is part of the experiment in closing the Press Release forum.

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
I can't figure out where to announce our products (and I don't seem to be able to do it on the News forum). We had a product released on Jan 1st.

You can announce it in the appropriate forum, so if it is something Pathfinder related you can post an announcement there and so on. It is part of the experiment in closing the Press Release forum.

Yup. Looks like non-gaming or boardgame/cardgame type stuff in Off-Topic, RPG stuff in the General RPG Forum unless it is 4E or PF which go in their dedicated forum. I don't know if they expect 1E/2E/3.XE stuff to go in the Legacy Forum, but I doubt it, though maybe crossposting there and in General makes sense. That might become difficult drawing a line between retroe/clones that are essentially Legacy games and other d20 offshoots that are also Legacy games but also are standalone games. I think the 1E/2E traffic to the Legacy Forum is probably negligible (it's really a 3.XE rules forum, when it comes down to it). I think the point is that there are not so many announcements that it would disrupt forums and require a separate PR forum, so post where it is most appropriate, where the most people who would be its audience would see it. Anyway, that's my take on what they are trying to do. Someone will likely step up to verify or correct if I have misunderstood the intent.

Lwaxy

Cute but dangerous
Small issue with this - it is not always clear what is a publisher post. Maybe a symbol or text saying "publisher" in the title would be a good idea. Maybe I am the only one who prefers to read publisher posts before/after looking for other things of interest... the way it is now it is somewhat confusing to me.

Remove ads