D&D General WGM1 Border Watch (Greyhawk 2E) now available for print on demand!

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
WotC had just added a POD option for WGM1 Border Watch, a 1993 module for Greyhawk during the era of AD&D Second Edition. It's available in softcover format for $4.99, or you can get the PDF+print for $5.99 (this latter option looks like it's a GM's Day Sale reduction, with the standard price going back up to $9.98 once the sale ends on March 15th).

Set after the end of the Greyhawk Wars, this was an introductory adventure meant to bring characters into the post-Wars setting, and provided some expanded material on parts of Furyondy. Unfortunately, it was also the last Greyhawk product released during the early 90's "Greyhawk revival" period (save for Ivid the Undying, which would only receive a digital release later on). The next time we'd see Greyhawk for AD&D 2E would be after Wizards of the Coast acquired TSR, starting with Return of the Eight in 1998.

This marks the latest product to be given a print-on-demand feature by WotC, following The Book of Lairs (Forgotten Realms 2E), AC10 Bestiary of Dragons & Giants (BECMI), Halls of Undermountain (4E), the War Captain's Companion (Spelljammer), PC3 Creature Crucible: The Sea People (BECMI), Volo's Guide to the Sword Coast (Forgotten Realms 2E), Volo's Guide to Waterdeep (Forgotten Realms 2E), Volo's Guide to Cormyr (Forgotten Realms 2E), the Dark Sun Boxed Set (the original one for AD&D 2E), Campaign Option: Council of Wyrms, and the Planescape Campaign Setting.

Please note my use of affiliate links in this post.

Last edited:

Thanks for letting us know. Somewhere I read commentary from the author about the creation process for this one. My guess is on DriveThruRPG, which does a good job on the lore behind classics like this.

Remove ads