D&D General What 3rd party published settings have Planetouched?

Okay so what 3rd party settings mention Planetouched races in them, specifically Tieflings and Aasimar.

Honorable mention Exandria, it's only semi third party however, semi official setting.

1. Pathfinder/Golarian
2. Starfinder
3. Midguard/Southlands
4. Scarred Lands
5. Odysssey of the Dragonlords.
6. Freeport
7. Historica Arcanum

Do any of them do something really different or interesting with them?

Last edited:

EN Publishing's own ZEITGEIST has them.

Tieflings arose when the hierarchs of a major religion killed an enemy god during a holy war, and the backlash transformed them. There are no actual ties to evil planes, and they actually run a major country where the whole "horns and fire" thing is prestigious. But many people still think they're devils and demons.

There aren't aasimar but rather devas (because that's what was going on in 4e when the setting was developed). They are infused with the divine essence of that god who was slain, which causes them to reincarnate in the same general body after each death, with memories they can unlock from past lives.

They are mostly scattered across the world because the precipitating event occurred five centuries ago, but lately many have been gathering in one particular city where magic does not work, because some of them hope that they die there, they can finally be dead for good. Others hunt each other thinking that they can claim a fraction of the divine soul and increase their own power.

Marc Radle

Legend
Okay so what 3rd party settings mention Planetouched races in them, specifically Tieflings and Aasimar.

Honorable mention Exandria, it's only semi third party however, semi official setting.

1. Pathfinder/Golarian
2. Starfinder
3. Midguard/Southlands
4. Scarred Lands
5. Odysssey of the Dragonlords.
6. Freeport
7. Historica Arcanum

Do any of them do something really different or interesting with them?
Midgard, not Midguard :)

Lalato

Adventurer
There are a lot of 3rd party settings.** I would guess that the majority of them have some kind of plane touched in them.

**The list I compile currently has over 330 published 3rd party settings for 5e.

There are a lot of 3rd party settings.** I would guess that the majority of them have some kind of plane touched in them.

**The list I compile currently has over 330 published 3rd party settings for 5e.

What percentage actual mention Tieflings or Aasimar.

Do you mean homebrew for published settings or settings professionally published for money?

Because 330 settings is insane.

Remove ads