• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E What are some of the ways you have put your GM on the spot, and how did (s)he handle it?

Palha

First Post
As the title states, I am just looking for some of the funnier/more interesting ways people have put their GM on the spot with a crazy action or idea. My turn as GM just passed and our new one said he wants us to have a one night stand with the Big T (Tarrasque). I plan on sovereign glueing myself to it and teleporting to see how he handles it:devil:. How would you handle that situation, and what have you done to your GM's?

Palha

First Post
What I am trying to make him figure out is if the only way out of Sovereign glue is Universal Solvent, what would happen? I love when people give unique and interesting solutions.

N'raac

First Post
I suspect the most likely result is that the Teleport fails as you can't move Big T or detach yourself. Now you are stuck to the Tarrasque. Which of your body part(s) are glued to which of its? Perhaps it gets tired and lays down to sleep.

How do you plan on remaining in contact with the beast for the round it takes to set? Good luck keeping it Grappled!

Palha

First Post
Well, if this thread makes it alive until we play this weekend I will let you know how it turned out and what he ruled happened. So anybody else have any crazy ideas they have tried, regardless of success? Funny stories welcome!

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
Since I'm usually the GM, I can say that I do appreciate any player's creative solutions based on selected spells, class features or anything within the rules of the game. However, when a player attempts insane, rule-breaking solutions such as trying to teleport something larger than RAW allows (like a tarrasque), I just roll my eyes, announce that the spell fails and look to another player's possible and reasonable creative solutions. Luckily, I only have one player that ever, rarely attempts such game breaking antics. Most of my players are creative and reasonable.

I consider consistent attempts to break the rules by a given player, a good reason to remove that player from our table - not as some way of creating funny stories to disrupt our game, something I don't appreciate. YMMV.

Palha

First Post
Eh, our DM made it clear that this is just for fun, since his real campaign should be finished by the next weekend. Normally, I am the most conservative player at the table, but this time I am going to play somebody crazy since these characters were made for just this one night. On another note, I in no way intend to (or think I can) teleport the Big T...I don't want my intentions misunderstood. Just checking on how he interpret sovereign glue and teleporting. I guess I could always try it with a house lol.

Ramaster

Adventurer
Once, our GM made us go into a cave to retrieve a legendary magic sword that we needed to defeat the BBEG.

"The only way to enter or exit the otherwise anti-magic cave is to use the special key that you have". He said.

"Wait... so you are telling us that there is no other way in OR OUT!?" I asked.

"Yeah, no other way but to open the door with the key" he answered.

The next half-hour was spent trying to think of a way to open the door and then lure the BBEG inside so that we could close the door from the outside. We ended up getting ourselves captured and then negotiating with him to be present when he opened the chamber.

My character's master (who knew the BBEG personally from the time they were adventurers on the same company) volunteered as a “sacrifice” to lure him in and the plan work like a charm! The DM though it was a clever way to go about it and congratulated us. We just moved on the next adventure. It was AWESOME!

Me: So we've taken over the old goblin fort for our own HQ, right?
DM: Yea.
Me: Well, the goblin stuff is too small for me and probably smells bad. I go to town and buy myself some nice furniture. Bed, desk, wardrobe, the works. How much does it cost?

After which the DM had a minor BSoD.

I once spent a couple sessions in the same game tracking down the minor female NPC we had rescued from bandits. Not to demand a reward or something similar but because my character had just been invited to a ball and I wanted to see if she would be my +1.

One that shouldn't have worked:

The opponent was an archer up on a bridge next to the railing. Big dumb brute type, low will save. Command: "Vault". DM: ???? Me: As in pole vault. DM: Rolls, picks up the figure and emulates diving, removes it from play.

We both forgot that there are also bank vaults.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads