Level Up (A5E) What are "Subtle Changes" in LU?

CapnZapp

Legend
Two smaller changes off the top of my head are that if you know a language, you also know how to sign it, and that gender has no place on the character sheet.
Gender plays an incredibly large role in society, both real and imagined. I don't think we should interpret this as anything else than the sheet's designer simply saving space, just like many sheets skip a space for eye color or length.

(I mean, just because a game does not include eye color on its sheet does not mean it's heroes are all grey-eyed. And obviously LU heroes still have gender. Allowing all sorts of genders, including the classic "Other", is on the other hand fine, obviously. Heck, write "none" if that floats your boat! )

Last edited:

Xethreau

Josh Gentry - Author, Minister in Training
  • Pact of the Blade lets you use your spellcasting ability with it
  • Armor of Shadows is constant mage armor, not at-will
  • Warlock's Arcanum are invocations now, which means you can either take that 7th-level spell or take some other feature instead.

Xethreau

Josh Gentry - Author, Minister in Training
All clerics prepare ceremony automatically, meaning that if they never spend a spell slot on it they can still cast it as a ritual at-will (provided material components)

Stalker0

Legend
Though LU states that drinking a potion is an action.... it also allows you to substitute a drink the potion action with your "Use an Object" ability on page 444. Aka, you can drink or administer one potion a round "for free"

Remove ads