D&D 4E What are the coolest magic items in 4e?

hailstop

First Post
One comment that comes up (and one I agree with) is that magic items have kind of lost their thrill. However, there much be some cool items out there?

Any nominations for the coolest magic items in 4e so far?

Wik

First Post
Unfortunately, I think most of the cool magic items in 4e are just carry-overs from earlier editions. Things like the portable hole, or the bag of tricks.

4e (and, to be fair, 3e) have kind of ruined magic items for me.

darjr

I crit!
Flute of the Dancing Satyr
Lets you shift 2 and any ally within 5 of your destination can shift 1.

I had a whole party, each with one.

Dice4Hire

First Post
I like Green Thumbs also. A strong way to be a controller for one encounter a day.

I also like the skull (ob) in P2 or P3 that has nice resists and a couple nice wizard powers. The ribald jokes about the skull around our gaming table are quite amusing. YMMV.

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
The Thing I like about 4e magic weapons is that you can get cool weapon properties before 7th level. You spend a lot of adventuring time with a +1 sword in earlier editions.

for specifics I like the determined property: add strength mod to range for a thrown weapon? yay! although the daily power is medicore.

I also really like the master's wands - more in the hands of high int warlocks or other int based characters. push on a magic missile, extra effects from dire radiance.

Engilbrand

First Post
I like the Throwing Shield, too.
There's a belt from a Bazaar of the Bizarre that lets you throw rocks at things for a decent amount of damage. I'm a fan of that.

Remove ads