D&D 4E What are the coolest magic items in 4e?

I will also say the throwing sheild...

But I will add the Weapon of summer, it has both offencive and defencive powers, and in general is a fun thing to use...

I think the Bracers that let you use a at will instead of a basic attack 1/per encounter is cool too.

and the healer;s sash...

I like the Exodus Knife -- cut a hole in the fabric of reality and step through into an extra-dimensional room.

There's an item (forget the name) that allows you to have multiple mage hands going at once. That's cool, and it seems like the kind of thing someone would actually make in a D&D world. I mean, who doesn't want to telekinetically get themselves a beer? :)

And I agree that most of the artifacts are cool. In fact, I like the 4e implementation of artifacts best out of any D&D edition.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
wrong thread Accidental Necromancy this time.
but I am still curious about what peoples favorite 4e magic items are... I seem to like some odd ones. like boots that let you run through the trees.

Last edited:

Tony Vargas

Legend
wrong thread Accidental Necromancy this time.
Since the last forum update my browser no longer seems able to display the dates on posts...

but I am still curious about what peoples favorite 4e magic items are... I seem to like some odd ones. like boots that let you run through the trees.
The 4e handling of artifacts was quite good.

I liked item sets, especially the group item sets, like Fortune Stones (which were only modestly cool, they didn't do anything too interesting, though re-rolls were sought after enough).

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
Basket of Everlasting Provisions can be fluff-customized.

Put a holy symbol on it, and get things like this:
- serves fish on Fridays
- milk and honey for a snack
- on a particular religious holiday, get the ceremonial meal
- NEVER get foods that are 'unclean'

Nature/Primal -attuned Basket
- venison when travelling through woods
- buffalo served on grasslands
- herbs and spices on foods change based on the flora around you
- unidentifiable jerky strips when in desert
- fish and seafood when at sea or travelling along shoreline

Basket made by king's wizard
- bread of sandwich has been pressed with royal symbol
- get traditional 'comfort foods' from the land he rules, no matter where YOU are
- on the royal birthday, get cake for dessert
- you get whatever the king likes to drink - water, ale, fine liqueors (sp?), fizzy soda

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Basket of Everlasting Provisions can be fluff-customized.

Put a holy symbol on it, and get things like this:
- serves fish on Fridays
- milk and honey for a snack
- on a particular religious holiday, get the ceremonial meal
- NEVER get foods that are 'unclean'

Nature/Primal -attuned Basket
- venison when travelling through woods
- buffalo served on grasslands
- herbs and spices on foods change based on the flora around you
- unidentifiable jerky strips when in desert
- fish and seafood when at sea or travelling along shoreline

Basket made by king's wizard
- bread of sandwich has been pressed with royal symbol
- get traditional 'comfort foods' from the land he rules, no matter where YOU are
- on the royal birthday, get cake for dessert
- you get whatever the king likes to drink - water, ale, fine liqueors (sp?), fizzy soda

LOL fun

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
More Basket of Everlasting Provisions stuff: (I should make a file on my PC and just edit my earlier post...)

- God of tricksters' Basket throws a cream pie at you on April Fools' Day.
- God of tricksters' Basket produces chocolate candy that may have Ex-Lax in it (roll say 1d10).
- Were you a bunch of murderhobos last session? Open the Basket but all you get is a Certain Famous Voice saying "NO SOUP FOR YOU!"
- Good-aligned Basket is opened by an Evil-aligned individual; it produces a glass of water. Holy Water.
- And the reverse could happen: Unholy Water, Chaos Coffee, Lawful Liquid.
- You stole somebody else's Basket. It feeds you dried locusts / crickets, fish eggs (caviar), or other perfectly nutritious but culturally unfamiliar "food".
- Evil Basket gives you the food from Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom's fancy dinner party. Snake surprise, eyeball soup, &c.
- The Basket doesn't know that tomatoes and onions give YOU indigestion...
- ...nor does the Basket know why eating refried beans while trapped in a confined space is a bad idea.
- You need to atone (for something; search your conscience). The divine Basket feeds you mush and oatmeal and bland stuff until you do.
- Primal Basket decides that you are overweight (because you keep opening it) and puts you on a diet: you get 'healthy' foods.
- Malfunctioning Basket gives you vitamin pills &c (One-A-Day, Geritol. Metamucil) but not 'real food'.
- Get a can of Energy Drink when you are exhausted. Thanks?

Last edited:

Remove ads