• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What are the greatest published adventures you've run?

B1, GDQ 1-7: These saw so many recyclings, it's not even funny.

S4: This module is just plain sexy. It has a virtual splat-book full of spells, items and monsters; demonology, demiplanes and a vampire chick with bastard sword. I mean...

I have The Great Pendragon Campaign on my bookshelf. If I had a spare lifetime, I'd like to run it.

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
B7 Rahasia was overall very good but I had to greatly simplify the end section, and a bone golem was a bit much for 1st-2nd level PCs.
I forgot Rahasia - excellent module! (my crew took down the bone golem with relative ease, though they were only 1st-2nd level)

Another one I'd like to throw some love toward is Tomb of the Lizard King - I've never run it (I hope this will change before long) but it reads well; and I've played through it. All-time classic!

Lanefan

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Another one I'd like to throw some love toward is Tomb of the Lizard King - I've never run it (I hope this will change before long) but it reads well; and I've played through it. All-time classic!

It certainly has some classic bad poetry in it! :)

Cheers!

Stormonu

Legend
Out of the ones I missed the first time 'round:

B2 - Keep on the Borderlands, a true classic
S2 - White Plume Mountain, goodness in any version of D&D
A2 - Secret of the Slaver's Stockade, proof that a frontal assault is always a bad idea as well as one of the coolest Slavelord villains in the series
S1 - Tomb of Horrors, yes, it kills - but it makes you think and plan; you can't just barrel through it

Many of the others I have only read and/or partial run. Those I've partially run and been fond of are:

N1 - Against the Cult of the Reptile God
X1 - So much to do, it can be daunting to finish
X2 - Castle Amber, so many Poe references, how can you NOT love it?

I so want to put DL1 - Dragons of Despair in there, but after 3 attempts to play it and all falling flat on their face, there appears to be significant problems getting through the module - namely there are points where the players have no idea where they're supposed to be going or what they need to do.

Keldryn

Adventurer
B10 Night's Dark Terror - Perhaps the best low-level D&D adventure ever, of any edition.

B7 Rahaisia - another all- time favorite, which I've run many times.

U1 The Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh - another classic which I've run a few times.

Celtavian

Dragon Lord
re

Anyone remember a module with the following premise:

You are hired by an old man who was an adviser to the king to find the king's son because the king has died. The king's son had set out on a pilgrimage to visit a shrine to the Lawful Good god that was the patron of the kingdom. The king's brother or cousin or something had captured the boy while he was on the pilgrimage. He was being held by some robber baron who did the job for the cousin.

There was a shrine in the module that if you were a lawful good fighter, you got one point of strength. A lawful good cleric received one point of wisdom. A paladin received 1 point of wisdom and strength. Which was a big deal in the days of AD&D.

It was a fun module. I don't think I've seen it mentioned as I don't recollect the name from seeing it posted on here.

Anyone recall the name of the module? It was a great story module that was fun to play. I wish I could recall the name of it.

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
It certainly has some classic bad poetry in it! :)
Still reads like Shakespeare when compared to the poetry in Sword of Hope and various other Judges' Guild modules.

JG had some good adventure ideas but man they needed to hire a better wordsmith to write their rhymes!

Lanefan

Bluenose

Adventurer
For non D&D I'd say... Arrrgh! Can't remember the name! A short Runequest module where the characters have to (if they take the job) housesit a merchant's place with some surprises and a night attack. (I want to say The Tin Inn, but I'm pretty sure that's not it.)

It sounds like you were in Apple Lane, defending Gringle's Pawnshop against trollkin bandits. The Tin Inn is across the street.

Remove ads