D&D General what are the traits of the mystical races of dnd?

Yaarel

He Mage
they seem more of mystical individuals form what I know of them not a people or culture, more warforged than orc it needs to have culture as I can build a look for them if I want, what I am looking for is culture from anything that might be suitable?
I am mentioning several "smart guy" cultures, including 5e vedalken and 4e shardmind.

Also, pretty much any "advanced" alien species in a scifi show is a "smart guy" culture.

Star Trek Federation is an excellent "smart guy" culture, with decentered political structure, and post-scarcity economy.

Mind of tempest

(he/him)advocate for 5e psionics
I am mentioning several "smart guy" cultures, including 5e vedalken and 4e shardmind.

Also, pretty much any "advanced" alien species in a scifi show is a "smart guy" culture.

Star Trek Federation is an excellent "smart guy" culture, with decentered political structure, and post-scarcity economy.
okay, do you have anything from any fictional setting as both of those seem unsutable?

MarkB

Legend
Okay, for a bit of an out-there suggestion, how about the Tachikoma from Ghost in the Shell? They're AI-controlled spider-tanks who develop sentience.

They're very smart and very loyal, but they approach everything with a child-like innocence and tend to frequently go into a networked group-think to work through difficult problems, but still come out of it as individuals afterwards.

Remove ads