• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E What are the "True Issues" with 5e?

Zardnaar

Legend
Uneven multiclass effectiveness.

Iconic spells being intentionally overpowered for their level to enforce tradition.

Spell schools just being an utter mess in implementation and variety.

Arcane spells lacking the wacky creative factor.

Muktickass rules are kinda a hot mess due to class design.

When was the last time they were actually good 2E?

A lot of people were moved enough to comment for the way I organized the spells in my projects on DMsGuild, dividing spells by level then arranging them alphabetically in each level subsection, making the spells really easy to look up.

I think that 5.5e and 6e need to have better organization of spells in their versions of the PHB and other books.

A bit of convenience for the players will go a long way to making them feel good about the edition they're using.

delericho

Legend
A lot of people were moved enough to comment for the way I organized the spells in my projects on DMsGuild, dividing spells by level then arranging them alphabetically in each level subsection, making the spells really easy to look up.

I think that 5.5e and 6e need to have better organization of spells in their versions of the PHB and other books.
I'm afraid I'd much rather have a single alphabetical listing than anything else - if I need to know which level/class/whatever the spell applies to before I can start looking it up, that's a problem IMO.

CreamCloud0

One day, I hope to actually play DnD.
The whole encounter per day, resting, encounter design, mobster monster math gordian knot: biggest issue.
i'd say it's not specifically the number of encounters/day that's the problem per se, but the fact that the classes aren't balanced around the adventuring day being assumed to be 24 hours by default when your camp overnight qualifies as a long rest, but otherwise yes i agree,

also i think they should bring back monster roles from 4e, like 1-hit minions and stuff.

Zardnaar

Legend
No, there aren't.

Everybody just think they represent the whole gaming community, or at least the community that "plays the game right".

Even your first example of gold, is certainly not a true issue.

Well one can look at the playtest to see what the developers are thinking.

Eg the -5/+10 seem to be gone. I think I was one of the first to call them out as broken back in 2014 about a month or two after release.

Our group picked them and used them with offsets to the -5 part (bless, various dice, archery style, advantage etc).

They were a bad idea in 3.0and 3.5 (3.0 power shot ability, 3.5 power attack).

I'm afraid I'd much rather have a single alphabetical listing than anything else - if I need to know which level/class/whatever the spell applies to before I can start looking it up, that's a problem IMO.

I also include compact lists and spell summaries in the beginning of my projects, so it's not a problem for people to find what they're looking for - they don't have to go through the whole book page by page.

Keeping it divided by level in the full description text section makes it so that there's much less flipping back and forth while reading up on spells.

Remove ads