What are you listening to?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Currently have 3 new CDs in my car’s 6 disc changer: Rival Sons’ Feral Roots, Santana’s Africa Speaks, and Gary Clark, Jr.’s This Land, replacing some Al Di Meola, Joe Bonamassa, and Roby Lakatos.

Of the three, Clark’s is in some ways the least accessible. He’s trying new stuff, sonically, and some just doesn’t fit his image. And the opening track uses...challenging but appropriate lyrics. The guitar chops are NOT questionable, though.

Santana’s album is a melding of his early career and his modern one. It’s heavily influenced by African music- hence the title- and much of it sounds almost vintage. I keep thinking of his jazz fusion period albums like Borboletta and Caravanserai. But there are still things that fans of his more recent work will enjoy...even though I have yet to identify anything that sounds like a radio single.

Which brings us to Rival Sons’ album. I make no secret I’m a huge fan of theirs. I have all of their releases except the first one, which is rare and pretty pricey. I often keep their most current CD in my changer until the next CD gets released. This album looks like it’s headed that same direction, with some of their best lyrics to date.

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
Wow, nostalgia trip.

Years ago as me and dad were driving somewhere this song came on the radio.
Dad: "Who is that girl singing? Sounds familiar."
Me: "Kylie Minogue."
Dad: "No, seriously. I know I know her from something. Really famous singer."
Me: "It's Kylie Minogue."
Dad: "No, she used to be on television when she was younger. Several shows."
Me: "Yes, we are still talking about the same person. It's Kylie Minogue."
Dad: "Fine, be that way. I'm asking your mother when we get back. She'll remember."
Me: "I know she will. Kylie Minogue is a favourite of hers."

Last edited:

dragoner

KosmicRPG.com
Wow, nostalgia trip.

Years ago as me and dad were driving somewhere this song came on the radio.
Dad: "Who is that girl singing? Sounds familiar."
Me: "Kylie Minogue."
Dad: "No, seriously. I know I know her from something. Really famous singer."
Me: "It's Kylie Minogue."
Dad: "No, she used to be on television when she was younger. Several shows."
Me: "Yes, we are still talking about the same person. It's Kylie Minogue."
Dad: "Fine, be that way. I'm asking your mother when we get back. She'll remember."
Me: "I know she will. Kylie Minogue is a favourite of hers."

That is funny. haha

I was in Prague visiting friends and "can't get you outta my head" was playing everywhere (games, clubs) until I couldn't get it outta my head.

Earworm warning:
[video=youtube;YPwtJ89jes4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPwtJ89jes4[/video]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases