What are you Reading? Ocher October 2019 edition

Just started reading Jack Vance's The Dragonmasters. Picked it up at Origins from the Goodman Games booth. For those that haven't seen it, they've started putting out racks and spinners of Appendix N books, in addition to their publications. So many good old book smells.

Mercurius

Legend
I need to get back into Canopus in Argos: Archives by Doris Lessing, which I began about a month ago but haven't read in a couple weeks. Very interesting, cosmic, big picture scifi.

Lots of other things, including at least the idea of reading each of the five Wooden Books hardcover compilations (Quadrivium, Sciencia, Trivium, Designia, Megalith).

Finished The Dragonmasters. A little too ambitious for 134 pages, but Vance mostly sticks the landing. And his language is always a pleasure to read.

Next up is Grady Hendrix's We Sold Our Souls.

dragoner

KosmicRPG.com
Crucible, by Nancy Kress, it is the sequel to Crossfire, which is about a distant colony that gets in the middle of an alien war.

Sadras

Legend
Picked up Circe (Madeline Miller) while on holiday. I have less than 100 pages to go and I'm quite enjoying it - wonderfully crafts the relationship between the titans, gods and humans, softly analyses the lore of powers and magic, intertwines Circe's life story with other myths - all the while writing from the perspective of the witch. I'd certainly recommend it to myth-lovers.

Finished up Grady Hendrix's We Sold Our Souls. Loved it, though it was at times almost too intense to bear.

Next up is the Elric Saga Part 2. I read part 1 about a year ago, so I should probably finish this re-read.

Remove ads