What are you reading? September's Septic Septum edition!

Richards

Legend
I finished After the Fall. It was okay, but nothing exciting. That's all part of the "try something that looks like it might be good" deal you get with used library book sales. And that wasn't even the standard fifty cents I'd wagered; it was part of a "$5.00 to fill up a grocery bag" deal that probably ended up costing me about 17 cents a book. So I don't mind at all if not every book is a hit.

But my Lincoln Rhyme books came in the mail Monday and I've already finished the first one, The Bone Collector. (I read the bulk of it yesterday and then woke up at 4:30 this morning having to hit the bathroom, remembered I had only a hundred pages or so to go in the book, and couldn't get back to sleep for want of finishing it. So I did.)

Next up is book two in Jeffery Deaver's Lincoln Rhyme series, The Coffin Dancer. I already know it'll be worth the cost - and while I bought a used copy online, I certainly spent more than 17 cents on it. Then, having already read books 3-5 in the series, I can go straight to books 6 and 7 and then 9 (having already read book 8). And then, by Christmas, I should have the rest of the series to look forward to...before being stuck with waiting for the author to finish writing more, the sad position I'm in with the Locke Lamora series.

Johnathan

Janx

Hero
finished Frankenstein.

Planned (and started) to read Dracula, but had to switch to Under the Dome by the 27th so I can be ready for a discussion panel at a local Sci-Fi/Horror con. The book is more killful than the TV series (watched about half the 1st season). I swear King is gleeful in his telling of "and that's how so and so died."

Ulfgeir

Hero
Currently reading the book "Babylon Berlin" by Volker Kutcher. The original name is "Der nasse Fisch". It is about a young police officer in Berlin during the Weimar-republic. I guess I should really see the TV-series as well.

Alos reading a coaching manual for archery. Sadly it focuses too much on recurve archery..

Ah, the Malazan Book of the Fallen series. So good, though it is a sprawling beast.

I just finished Gideon the Ninth. Wow, what a book! And what an ending! Take a bit of Warhammer 40K, a bit of Gormenghast, and give it an irreverent protagonist so it's not too drear.

Next up is the Masters of Stone and Steel Omnibus. Over 900 pages of dwarves.

Just started the first Mazalan book......

Janx

Hero
Now I'm reading Octavia Butler's Fledgling in prep for my local con appearance on a panel discussion of Sci-Fi/Horror

It's got naughty bits with percievably adult/minor who's really an alien. It's literally the example line I came up with for what my writing guild wouldn't accept. The writing's fine, but if this wasn't written by a legend who's got street cred for not being a pervy dude, I'd have put it down.

Now I'm reading Octavia Butler's Fledgling in prep for my local con appearance on a panel discussion of Sci-Fi/Horror

It's got naughty bits with percievably adult/minor who's really an alien.

vampires are aliens?

Anyway, I'm reading :

A Printer's Choice by W L Patenaude
All Our Wrong Todays by Elan Masta
We Are the Perfect Girl by Ariel Kaplan

Remove ads