What are you running right now?

Who here is running a campaign (or playing in a campaign) right now? How many are involved in multip

• I'm running a D&D campaign right now.

Votes: 52 51.5%
  • I'm playing in a D&D campaign right now.

Votes: 32 31.7%
  • I'm running a Pathfinder campaign right now.

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • I'm playing in a Pathfinder campaign right now.

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • I'm running a Call of Cthulhu campaign right now.

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • I'm playing in a Call of Cthulhu campaign right now.

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • I'm running a different campaign right now (DCC; OSR; Shadowrun; Cyberpunk; etc.)

Votes: 38 37.6%
  • I'm playing in a different campaign right now (DCC; OSR; Shadowrun; Cyberpunk; etc.)

Votes: 36 35.6%

Tantavalist

Explorer
So after the latest Tabletop Simulator update wrecked the tables we'd been playing on our group has realised why TTS isn't as popular as it could be. We're now starting new campaigns that can be played over Discord with a dicebot if need be, though we're also looking at possble new VTTs.

We've been looking at Sine Nomine stuff and decided to go with different flavours of that. One member of the group will be running Stars Without Number for us. I like a Sword & Sorcery vibe so I've purchased the deluxe hardback version of Worlds Without Number to start a campaign on another day of the week.

We'll see how these go.

Nytmare

David Jose
Running a play-by-Slack, text only, West Marches, Torchbearer game in a world that the players and I Microscoped into existence when the pandemic first hit.

Real life has thrown a series of monkey wrenches into things though, and we haven't been able to get a group together to play since the last week of January.

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
Following last week's character generation, this evening was the first proper session of Champions for my group. Went pretty well, with a few things I inevitably need to check for next week, but even with everyone getting to grips with the system it was fairly smooth and loads of fun. All praise to books with a decent index!
Which edition of Champions?
One of my best friends has run two and a half campaigns in the past five years.

Campbell

Relaxed Intensity
Right now I'm running two playtest games of Apocalypse Keys as short runs. I'm also gearing up for something longer term (Exalted 3e or L5R 5e) and maybe a short run of Dune - Adventures in the Imperium.

erc1971

Explorer
I am running a second edition campaign in the savage frontier of forgotten realms. Our group is loving the retro feel of the older rules as well as the less rushed advancement of characters. Since I have people who got into the game before first edition started I have been using a lot of the old adventure modules, tweaking them to fit into the game, and they have been working out great. In fact yesterday‘s session had everybody so into the role-playing that we only got to the start of the adventure module by the time everybody had to go home for the night.

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Supporter
On top of what I listed earlier, I'm going to run an X-Files Monster of the Week campaign for my three teenage sons. We're in lockdown for another couple of weeks at least, and they need something more productive to do than re-watching Big Bang Theory.

BigJackBrass

Explorer
Which edition of Champions?

Apologies for the slow reply, ran into some health issues recently.

We're using 6th, in the form of Champions Complete . After some deliberation I decided that going with the current edition had some advantages for the group, since most of them don't have any of the books but have expressed an interest in getting some. CC is a pretty decent standard volume.

I've missed a couple of weeks due to those issues I mentioned, but I should be able to get back to it next month.

Swedish Chef

Adventurer
I'm running D&D 5 on Roll20 for our group at the moment. Descent to Avernus (with some modifications) is the adventure.

I know it has some flaws (as do most of the modules), but we're really enjoying this one. Lots of great roleplay. Can't wait to see how it plays out and which direction the party ultimately goes!

Gnosistika

Mildly Ascorbic
Playing in a fantastic Cypher System fantasy game. Love the system.

My 1st group: Returned to running a Modern AGE rip-off of Night's black Agents/Hunter the Vigil/cthulhu mystery. Players are all retired agents in their 50's. It's a slow game with bursts of excessive violence. Loads of fun.

My long time group: Prepping to run AD&D 2e Eberron. This one I am most excited about. Been a number years since I ran it, feels like coming home for all us. The players don't care much for the dargon marks so we are ignoring those completely.

Remove ads