What are you running right now?

Who here is running a campaign (or playing in a campaign) right now? How many are involved in multip

• I'm running a D&D campaign right now.

Votes: 52 51.5%
  • I'm playing in a D&D campaign right now.

Votes: 32 31.7%
  • I'm running a Pathfinder campaign right now.

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • I'm playing in a Pathfinder campaign right now.

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • I'm running a Call of Cthulhu campaign right now.

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • I'm playing in a Call of Cthulhu campaign right now.

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • I'm running a different campaign right now (DCC; OSR; Shadowrun; Cyberpunk; etc.)

Votes: 38 37.6%
  • I'm playing in a different campaign right now (DCC; OSR; Shadowrun; Cyberpunk; etc.)

Votes: 36 35.6%

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
Started running a third campaign, in addition to the two I talked about earlier. It's a West Marches style game with 3 DMs (and 2 more coming on) and a wide player base of people we've gamed with and vouch for. It's in the shared world of the other two DMs, which I've played several campaigns in.

Basic idea is that everyone is a member of this adventuring guild, we have a guild town we're in the middle of building, with easy access to three isles that roughly equate to Nordic, Celtic, and British expys. And lots happening. We get jobs from various people of power or wealth, carry them out, preserve/enhance the reputation of the guild. Players may have a stable of characters, starting at 3rd.

Today's Blades in the Dark involved breaking into the Sparkwrights' R&D facility in Coalridge and ending their research into a captured Reconciled ghost. Two major crew contacts and one arch-enemy showed up in the Sparkwright base, all working on the secret project.

Donning color-coded bunny suits, the crew stormed the lab and gunned down the researchers. The traumatic imprisonment was transforming the captive ghost into a Deathlands monstrosity, so with a prayer for its soul, the crew overloaded the ghost's lightning cage, destroying it and keeping its secrets out of enemy hands. As the crew escaped in a stolen goat carriage, the factory collapsed behind them, devastating the spirit energy research project and kicking off the war with the Sparkwrights. As for the city's power crisis, the worst was yet to come.

This has been a long time coming after a lot of legal friction and threats from the Sparkwrights, who had probed the crew's gambling den in the docks, and briefly shut down power to their Nightmarket turf as intimidation. The crew, allied with the Reconciled, were forced to take decisive action after the Sparkwrights captured a ghost spy in the City Council with the aid of the Railjacks.

The reason this ties into the big overplot is with the loss of a big chunk of the Leviathan Hunter fleet and this year's leviathan blood production (because of the PCs), the Sparkwrights have been forced to accelerate their project to generate power from spirit wells. The Reconciled have a secret spirit well hidden within the city, and the Sparkwrights had planned to seize it. Well, today threw a big spanner in the works for that plan.

Arilyn

Hero
That looked like a very cool game. I'd to hear how it goes.
Haven't really started yet, but have player characters. We have a wealthy Changeling obsessed with winning the business game, a laid back tour guide werewolf, the spirit of Heathrow Airport who is unhappy about morphing from village protector to spirit of travel and a middle aged artist/boater Jack of all Trades, who has the sight.
Should be fun!

MarkB

Legend
I just finished playing a long-running Blades in the Dark campaign that started shortly after lockdown began in the UK.

Currently I'm running one conventional D&D campaign going through Rime of the Frostmaiden, which is going nicely so far

I'm also running a game using the Dark Matter sci-fi setting for D&D 5e. I offered to run their starter set adventure in a 12 week session for our local gaming club (all currently over Discord / Roll20). It's turned out to be a rather railroady affair, and four weeks in I'm almost to the end of it - so I'm now scrambling to put something together to continue the campaign.

Remove ads