D&D General What are your 2021 gaming goals?

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
I'd like to end the current campaign to end soonish. I've been running Lost Mine of Phandelver/Dragon of Icespire Peak. I've never cared for running published adventures, and I think that if I were to do so that I should have stuck to one or the other. LMoP is a good adventure, but DoIP is kind of mediocre and the party is outpacing both. I might take a stab at running Rime of the Frostmaiden, but that may be next year.

Help my friend take his first step as a GM (after decades of playing) with running a Star Wars RPG (D6) game.

Run a Cyberpunk RED game at some point in the year (after someone else takes the GM's reins for a while).

Get more game books (because, apparently, I don't have enough after decades of collecting).

Acquaint myself with a VTT other than Tabletop Simulator (because my internet is laggy and it affect the performance of the platform when I GM—as a player I don't have the same issue for reasons).

Paint some of my miniatures.

Warpiglet-7

Cry havoc! And let slip the pigs of war!
To play.

this COVID stuff has been a real pain. Thanking God my pals and I are OK and that is more important than our games...but I miss the games.

my pal just bought the full package of fantasy grounds. We are making characters!

there is even talk of playing this weekend! But it would be only the 3rd time in like 8 months.

we played in an open garage wearing masks twice and socially distanced but it’s winter now. I hope fantasy grounds is good. Excited to play Avernus which I have not read (intentionally) so the wait paid off...

In short the goal is TO PLAY.

pming

Legend
Hiya!

Easy. To get the gang back to the physical table for a weekly (or even bi-weekly) game! I haven't had a face to face game in over a year...seems like forever though! :(

^_^

Paul L. Ming

Weiley31

Legend
For starters:
-Play more DND this year and hopefully my group starts back up soon. It should be starting back up soon the DM tells me.

-Pay and get the four DND 5E related Kickstarters that I've backed last year. Been excited for them and the fact that four of the ones I'm getting are coming with their own exclusive dice. Which leads to the next one.............

-Start to buy the various Damage Dice sets from Gylded.com. Since I've been getting into 5E and buying various setting books, third party supplements, and Inspiration tokens from Etsy, my dice collection has been growing ever bigger and I'm starting to get the same sensation my one bro gets when he adds another dice set to his ever growing dice collection. I'll probably get a few more exclusives ones followed by some cheaper loaner sets that I offer during sessions to players who don't have dice. But once I reach that point: I'll probably be officially done with collecting dice unless I see something else that would be interesting for my collection.

-Teach my bro and my other good bro how to play DND 5E and start having our own sessions. Been wanting to play some DND with them and is also one of the main reasons why I want to get a lot more DM experience.

-Rebuy a copy of Tyranny of Dragons 2019 and get Tasha's Cauldron of Everything: I have Tyranny of Dragons 2019 already, but my original copy has gotten bent due to not realizing how a much of stuff was leaning on it in my room and I had no idea. I've given up on trying to get the Tasha's Cauldron of Everything alternate cover after the copy, that I pre-ordered from the brick and moater, got stolen by somebody in the apartment complex on the day it was delivered. And everybody and their mother apparently thinks that the actual price of it is $100+ and not 39/49 bucks+tax whenever I look online to buy the alternate cover again. Stupid scalpers

And now for the wait what really why(?) category for the year:
-Get For Gold and Glory or Myths and Magic to play 2E and apply a number of 5E themed House Rules to it.

-Play DND 3E/3.5, but use the Pathfinder 1st Edition rules for a number of things to fix 3E/3.5(aka why don't you just play Pathfinder 1st Edition instead? Nope: 3E/3.5 using some of the Pathfinder class fixes and skill system for 3E/3.5 and the monsters of 3E/3.5 instead of Pathfinders 1st Edition. Also we are gonna add the Gonzo 1 and Gonzo 2 classes in there too.) And to top it all off, apply a number of 5E themed House Rules to it

But with those 5E themed house rules, why don't you just play 5-Look 5E doesn't have the option of allowing me to play as an Azur Lane style Poetica Assault Witch that can go Full Metal Jacket on a swarm of Eldritch monstrosities nor do I have any experience of creating homebrew 5E content aside from basic refluffing, winging Damage Die types for weapons like a Gnome Hook Hammer, or what the Damage Scaling/Mechanics for a type of Bayonetta style Wicked Weave attack, aside from making it a bonus action type attack that does the Cleric Potent Cantrip damage upgrade of 2D8.

Wait: Poetica? Assault Witch? In 3E/3.5/Pathfinder? Aren't those from Otherverse/Black Tok-End Transmission.

Last edited:

Get back to running some Meetup games online and eventually in person hopefully.

Looking at an Old School Essentials Hex Crawl game.

Also get my Stars Without Number game running as well.

Remove ads