Level Up (A5E) What are your favorite archetypes?

xiphumor

Legend
Simple question, and you can reference third-party archetypes and classes if you’d like. Just curious to hear what tugs on people’s heart strings.

oh, i've got a few of these...

i love the judge cleric from MOAR complete. it's thematically really strong, and also excellent for investigations. the ecclesiarch marshal from the same book also feels like a nice niche for a marshal (and i wish i'd had it when i ran bonds of forced faith for a clergy party - i think the marshal would've loved it!).

i have to put the torch bearer archetype for the wielder here solely because the idea of playing a magical girl is hilarious. i also have to put the naturalist and unnaturalist from the GPG here for the same reason - the opposing names are just weirdly funny to me, and having them in the same party would be ridiculous.

i also love the armiger and thopterist artificers from the advanced artificers book. for the former inventing new weapons is just fun, and for the latter inventors making flying devices feels like a classic archetype, and getting free photography on top is REALLY nice.

Remove ads