D&D 5E What are your (up to) three favorite character classes?

What are your (up to) three favorite character classes?

• Artificer

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Barbarian

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Bard

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • Cleric

Votes: 21 22.6%
  • Druid

• Fighter

Votes: 32 34.4%
  • Monk

Votes: 10 10.8%
  • Paladin

Votes: 24 25.8%
  • Ranger

• Rogue

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Sorcerer

Votes: 12 12.9%
  • Warlock

Votes: 27 29.0%
  • Wizard

Votes: 32 34.4%

Mind of tempest

(he/him)advocate for 5e psionics
Ranger- The wild is dangerous. You need people to keep track of it.
Sorcerer- The world is magical and sometimes people are born magical.
Warlock- Magical beings of high power stay involve with the world with contracted agents.
thank you.
I still think that warlock and the clerics story is too similar.

Yaarel

He Mage
Wizard, Bard, Paladin

I am hoping for Psion.

I need to explore Artificer. (I was disappointed with a half-caster, but need to give it a chance.)

I need to revisit Druid (mechanics), and Warlock (story).

Mind of tempest

(he/him)advocate for 5e psionics
Wizard, Bard, Paladin

I am hoping for Psion.

I need to explore Artificer. (I was disappointed with a half-caster, but need to give it a chance.)

I need to revisit Druid (mechanics), and Warlock (story).
artificer is slightly more than a half caster as it gains cantrips.

Bard, Fighter, Warlock

I love the Monk class, lots of opportunities for players to create interesting characters but 5e really brought out the love for Fighters. Same goes for Warlocks. The Warlock was a neat idea in 3e that was never really implemented well. I liked the 4e Warlock, but the 5e took those innovations a few steps further. The Fighter is just a solid class. You can play it all of the way through or multi-class and create really interesting concept characters. Warlocks are great for multi-classing as well.

The 4e Bards are hard to beat but 5e might be doing it. The basic Bard subclasses from the PHB are awesome! I've had two really kewl Bards that I got to play in different campaigns and they both turned out great. Spell Secrets are so versatile. There are lots of spells from other classes that allow the Bard to become something unique. Taking a few Ranger spells can turn you into a Bow Bard. There's a couple of great Smite spells that would make for a really good Monster Hunter. One of my favorite Bards I played in a 5e campaign was an investigator, modeled after Jessica Jones. I took a lot of Divination spells, some Melee Cantrips, and Enhance Abilities. I actually decided to go for College of Lore to be better at investigating. I used one of my Spell Secrets to steal Tenser's Transformation so I could be a combat monster when I needed to. Mind you, there were a lot of options here. I could have went College of Swords or College of Valor. Swords was looking mighty temping. Instead, I went with Variant Human and Magic: Initiate feat to give me a Shield Spell right away and some melee Cantrips. So I had a lot of Cantrips and spell variety from the beginning. Sadly, we only played to 13th level. The DM had a baby and didn't start playing again until around her 3rd birthday, but hasn't been DMing.

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
1. Wizard: Feel my arcane might! Quake before the occult powers I command that you could never hope to comprehend!!
<cue thunder. lightning. howling winds.>
2. Druid: Feel the wrath of my elemental might! Quake before the forces of Nature that bend to my bidding, with which I am entwined in ways you could never hope to comprehend!!
3. Cleric: Feel the glory of my divine might! Quake before the spiritual powers I, humbly, am granted by the magnificence and magnanimity of the gods/my deity. A soulful connection of service and devotion you could never hope to comprehend!!

If we'd been permitted a fourth, I"d go Ranger. Ranger/Cleric, bitd, was one of my favorite multi-class combos.

Remove ads