D&D 5E What are your world Races?

Queer Venger

Dungeon Master is my Daddy
Im using the official setting: Realms, so pretty much every race; however, Im making Dragon born and Tieflings rare races (meaning primarily PC). Genasi can be found in Calimshan and Tieflings in Mulhorand as a minor race. Since Wizards has not (and may not) publish a Forgotten Realms Campaign setting Im using the published one for 3e.

prosfilaes

Adventurer
You didn't ask about this specifically, but in this setting settlements tend to be homogenous, with few representatives from other races.

Interesting. When I ran Curse of the Crimson Throne (my Golarion campaign mentioned previously) I made Korvosa a much less homogenous city then it was canonically, with many more elves and dwarves and two additional major races, ratfolk and kobolds. The other setting I talked about is almost completely homogenous, except for a few traders around the periphery who aren't invited to emigrate and the Badlands, where the 100% outcast setting combined with constant monster attacks force most people to give up their biases.

was

Adventurer
Sounds interesting. Would you mind sharing those?

Heritages: players may select one Heritage during character creation (in addition to a background from the PHB).

Angelic: one of your ancestors was an angel. This heritage gives you +1 to your Wisdom or Charisma. Characters with this feat have gold or silvery eyes.

Draconic: one of your ancestors was a dragon. This heritage gives you +l to Strength and a resistance to cold or fire. Characters with this feat have icy-blue or red eyes.

Dwarven: one of your ancestors was a dwarf. This heritage gives you +1 to Constitution and 60' darkvision. Characters with this feat are stocky.

Elven: one of your ancestors was an elf. This heritage gives you +l to Dexterity or Charisma and reduces your full rest time to 4 hours a day. Characters with this feat are slim and fair.

Fiendish: one of your ancestors was a demon. This heritage gives you +l to Intelligence and resistance to fire or acid. Characters with this feat have orange or yellow eyes.

Goblin: one of your ancestors was a goblin. This heritage gives you +1 to Dexterity and 60' darkvision. Characters with this feat have greenish-skin.

Pure-Blooded Human: all your ancestors were human. This heritage gives you +1 to any statistic and knowledge of one additional language of your choice.

Spell-Warped Adept: one of your ancestors was warped by wild magic. This heritage gives you +1 to Intelligence and increases your spell slots per day by one per spell-level. Characters with this feat are small, ranging between three and four feet in height.

Spell-Warped Brute: one of your ancestors was warped by wild magic. This heritage gives you +1 to Strength and +4 on all saves versus all magic (hostile or friendly). Characters with this feat cannot cast any type of magic. They also average between six and seven feet tall with an odd color skin tone (typically shades of blue or purple).

Serpent: one of your ancestors was a serpent. This heritage gives you +l to Dexterity or Charisma and resistance to poison. Characters with this feat have an odd affinity for one particular type of venomous creature.

Notes: There were more originally, but I am updating the campaign handout for 5th ed. We use 4d6 or a standard array as a default choice if someone doesn't like their rolls. The human used is per the phb (regular or variant..player's choice). I like to throw in magical items discovered in ruins of past civilizations that are more powerful in the hands of someone with a particular bloodline. There are only two types of dragons. Finally, the goblins used are more like militaristic hobgoblins with an asian flavor...so evil samurai-like goblins standing around 6 to 7 feet tall.

Last edited:

My D&D world has become my novel world and is now completely unrecognizable as a D&D world, but for the record, there are humans (3 main ethnic groups), 5 flavors of plant people, 2 flavors of rock people, crystal people, cat people, penguin people, ogres and blemmyes.

Remove ads