D&D 5E What big thing is supposed to be next week?

IronWolf

blank
Guys, it won't be merger, acquisition, and divesture activity because of the sensitive nature of that work. Only a handful of insiders in the companies are allowed to be aware prior to announcement and deals die if they leak. Certainly you don't start PR pounding an unannounced deal.

Yeah, that was my only thought on why it might not be something like that.

Nagol said:
Because of the possible mainstream mention, it'll probably be something that crosses into a more mainstream media like movies or television series.

Since the movie was supposed to release Dec 31, 2011 and didn't, it's likely the Book of Vile Darkness release announcement with some entertainment/insider writeups. If we're really lucky, maybe they'll also announce a Game of Thrones style mini-series/syndicated series.

Frankly I would be a bit disappointed if all the buzz is simply about a movie or television related release of something. Though I guess if the movie had a good director or notable actors it might be buzz worthy.

Nagol

Unimportant
Yeah, that was my only thought on why it might not be something like that.

Frankly I would be a bit disappointed if all the buzz is simply about a movie or television related release of something. Though I guess if the movie had a good director or notable actors it might be buzz worthy.

The problem with buzz is people try to generate it because having it sells product rather than allowing spontaneous generation because something is deemed buzz-worthy by the audience.

Generating buzz without generating false expectations is a difficult art and one I haven't seen from WotC in the past.

caudor

Adventurer
The only way I think it could be a movie is if Morrus is starring in it. I don't think Morrus would be excited enough about a movie to create a countdown clock, and he seems a little excited.

We've seen Monte Cook start working for WotC (and move out there). We've seen lots of articles and polls about what people want out of D&D from him and Mearls. I'd be surprised if this was the sale of WotC given the direction they've been moving in.

I doubt it's a movie or somesuch (MMO) given Chris Pramas's "interesting times ahead".

And I don't think it's bad news for WotC given the way it's being publicized.

My guesses are either that it's 5e or some other major product release. (Hadn't Morrus posted that 5e was going to be announced at Gen Con?)

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
The only way I think it could be a movie is if Morrus is starring in it. I don't think Morrus would be excited enough about a movie to create a countdown clock, and he seems a little excited.

You are correct. I would not find another D&D movie exciting.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases