D&D 5E What Campaign Setting(s) Do You Want To See in 5E?

Serendipity

Explorer
Eberron, so we don't have to kit bash it, then Planescape, then Spelljammer and then Dark Sun.
Maybe something new after that but I think this might be the edition that doesn't give us a new setting.

S_Dalsgaard

First Post
There are a lot of existing settings, most of them with a lot of dedicated fans, that cover a lot of different styles, so I actually hope, that they will stick to those, rather than create a new one (at least for the foreseeable future).

Scrivener of Doom

Adventurer
Eberron, but only material written by or approved by Keith Baker. It doesn't even to be a whole new setting: a new version of the Eye on Eberron articles, ideally in longer form if required, would be perfect.

Imaro

Legend
Planescape, because the campaign setting boxed set still hasn't been released in PDF format. Second would be Greyhawk or Ravenloft since neither have had a campaign book since 3e. Eberron, Dark Sun and Forgotten Realms would probably be last on my list and in that order since they got setting books in 4e and I can kitbash something if I really wanted to play in those settings.

SavageCole

Punk Rock Warlord
I'm a prodigal son from AD&D days, so I missed Forgotten Realms, Eberron, Dark Sun, etc. The three that sound the coolest to me are Planescape, Dark Sun, and Eberron.

Galendril

Explorer
I would have to go with:

1. Mask of the Red Death - Gothic Earth Horror
2. Greyhawk - post From the Ashes with a emphasis on political intrigue/nation building
3. Oriental Adventures - as a full blown setting
3. Dark Sun - or any post-apocolyptic setting which focuses on psionics and technological ancient artifacts

Mad Zagyg

Explorer
Greyhawk, by a significant margin.

Then,
Planescape, or some new presentation of planar adventures.

Finally, I want a really well done set of rules for campaign warfare. I'd love for it to be generically written so that it can be plugged into anyone's preferred setting.

Remove ads