D&D 5E What Campaign Setting(s) Do You Want To See in 5E?

collin

Explorer
I've never used a campaign setting, so I really just care about the materials each one offers that I can use in settings I make up.
1- Ebberon, for the artificer class
2- Dark sun, if it includes psionics maybe I'll actually try them out this time
3- Ravenloft, because although I know next to nothing about it what I do know sounds cool

Mostly Ebberon, though.

I totally agree.

I think we will always have Greyhawk as a default setting, and Forgotten Realms is a no-brainer. Eberron is my preferred choice for an upgraded 5th edition setting, too. I would probably favor Ravenloft over Dark Sun.

qstor

Adventurer
Greyhawk and Dragonlance. I think Dark Sun and Eberron go 4e books and Greyhawk and Dragonlance didn't so would be a better sell. Just my two copper..

Mike

SavageCole

Punk Rock Warlord
1. Eberron
2. Eberron
3. Eberron
4. Eberron
5. Athas/Dark Sun (You thought I was going to say Eberron, didn't you?)

I'm an AD&D player who returned for 5e and I missed Eberron. It's the setting that most intrigues me by a large margin.

Zak S

If I was WOTC I'd do a Camelot setting ASAP and then, after angling for licenses, do a big Sword & Sorcery book that had rules for Lankhmar, Elric's world, Jack Vance's, and Conan & Red Sonja's. Maybe even go for the Tolkien license.

Dark Sun, Ravenloft, the Realms and the rest will still be there, but might as well capitalize on showcasing 5e D&D's flexibility right now.

Although I started with the Mystara of the Red/Blue boxed sets, and have very fond memories of Greyhawk and the Realms, I would really have liked to see them expand on the Nentir Vale setting they began in the previous editions (4e? I forget). The realms have simply been noveled to death, IMO (and I say this as someone who reads quite a few of them). There is something very cool about starting with an officially supported, yet wide open world to explore.
Barring that, I liked the 2nd edition (Gray Box?) Realms, or a return to the glory days of Greyhawk (G -1,2,3 officially ported to 5th? )

Oh and hi everyone, 1st time poster, 30+ year player.

Last edited:

I'd like to see:

Birthright - Not just a setting book, but rules around how to run a Birthright style game (i.e. with each player as a regent controlling a kingdom).
Gamma World - Setting book and rules for running a light-hearted post-apocalyptic-style game.
Greyhawk - Like the Living Greyhawk Gazetteer, but bigger and full colour.

Lord Blackstone

First Post
A Nentir Vale Gazetteer for the win. I have all the source materials from 4E but they are all over the place. I would love for it to be brought all together into one book with new material as well. or more info in Nerath as well, maybe another area all together.

Currently running Tyranny of Dragons in the Nentir Vale.

Last edited:

SavageCole

Punk Rock Warlord
If I was WOTC I'd do a Camelot setting ASAP and then, after angling for licenses, do a big Sword & Sorcery book that had rules for Lankhmar, Elric's world, Jack Vance's, and Conan & Red Sonja's. Maybe even go for the Tolkien license.

Dark Sun, Ravenloft, the Realms and the rest will still be there, but might as well capitalize on showcasing 5e D&D's flexibility right now.

Along these lines ... If there were two series that I wish WotC (or other publishers) would take a run at they would be the Rothfuss stuff and the New Crobuzon series. The only problem is that WotC knows there's more money to be made publishing novels they own the IP too than selling game books built on somebody else's stuff.

Remove ads