What can we do to make ENWorld friendlier?

EricNoah

Adventurer
Another idea -- use that ignore list! If someone consistently, persistently gets on your nerves, zap 'em. :) Now, it's not polite to go around saying "Person X, Y, and Z are on my ignore list." Just put the offender on your list and forget about him or her.

Berandor

lunatic
Yeah, but the problem with ignore lists is that you don't see any posts of that user. That means
1) posts relating to his/her posts might be senseless
2) posts relating to his/her might quote him/her, so you have to read this nonetheless
3) the user in question might make a good post/thread, and you will never know.

Now, if someone can quote my post so Eric can read it as well, I would be in his/her debt.

Last edited:

EricNoah

Adventurer
Oh I'm not saying it's a cure-all or that it's without its problems, but it does solve one very specific problem. (And good joke, Berandor ;))

Berandor

lunatic
EricNoah said:
(And good joke, Berandor ;))

Yeah, well, I'm trying often enough; 1 out of 1,000 is bound to be funny by sheer luck alone :)

And I just wanted to explain why I, for example, haven't used the ignore list so far. (Can I put myself on ignore, btw? That would be cool. Strange, yet strangely alluring :))

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Berandor said:
(Can I put myself on ignore, btw? That would be cool. Strange, yet strangely alluring :))
It’s not nearly as alluring as putting your spouse on your ignore list... :p :lol:

Edit: Yes I've done it. :D

Last edited:

johnsemlak

First Post
EricNoah said:
Another idea -- use that ignore list! If someone consistently, persistently gets on your nerves, zap 'em. :) Now, it's not polite to go around saying "Person X, Y, and Z are on my ignore list." Just put the offender on your list and forget about him or her.
While I'm sure this it is a handy tool sometimes, I'm not sure if promoting use of the ignore list is a good way to make EN World friendlier. The very idea seems rather unfriendly to me. Plus, there are the various complications Berandor mentioned. It should be used if necessary but I certainly hope people don't need it.

I'm not sure what to suggest that hasn't been mentioned above. I think the friendly and fair moderating is what keeps EN World a very friendly place.

mythusmage

Banned
Banned
Small problem, try to please all and you end up pleasing none. Some people just aren't worth your time. Best to ignore them and get on with your life.

Ashwyn

First Post
Berandor said:
Yeah, well, I'm trying often enough; 1 out of 1,000 is bound to be funny by sheer luck alone :)

And I just wanted to explain why I, for example, haven't used the ignore list so far. (Can I put myself on ignore, btw? That would be cool. Strange, yet strangely alluring :))
ENWorld said:
Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.
Oh well.

Remove ads