• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E What character generation method does your group use?

What character generation method does your group use?

• Standard method (4d6k3)

Votes: 11 16.9%
  • Optional method (27pts)

Votes: 36 55.4%
  • Homebrew (everything else)

Votes: 18 27.7%

clearstream

(He, Him)
Poll: What character generation is your group using in a current, live game?

Standard method (4d6k3)
Optional method (27pts)
Homebrew (everything else)

If you use more than one method, please respond with the method used by the majority of players.

S

Sunseeker

My current DM uses "roll 6 d20's, reroll the highest as well as the lowest if you don't like the lowest." It's kinda odd. Personally I think it makes stats too variable or too average (like a bunch of 12's or something)

Typically I use 4d6 7 times, reroll 1's or add that 1 to your total, drop lowest score; allowing for 2 sets of rolls.
-This results in higher totals, but I'm fine with that, since I run extra hard encounters.

Last edited:

Caliban

Rules Monkey
Poll: What character generation is your group using in a current, live game?

Standard method (4d6k3)
Optional method (27pts)
Homebrew (everything else)

If you use more than one method, please respond with the method used by the majority of players.

You left off the other standard method - the standard array. Your poll is incomplete.

clearstream

(He, Him)
Last edited:

Kobold Boots

Banned
Banned
I'll also throw my hat into point buy or standard array. Some things dice should be used for, but at least in my opinion, character generation is not one of them.

Remove ads