• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What charisma-based feats are out there?

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Star Wars d20 has "Intimidating Presence" which requires a high Charisma (and level?) and which allows you to attempt to make an enemy "shaken".

Plane Sailing

You could have

Fearless
Pre: CHA 13+
Benefits: Gives +4 to all saving throws against fear or fear-related effects
Special: Does not stack with the bonus gained from being within 10ft radius of a paladin.

Darklone

Fenes 2 said:
KoK has Gorgeous, which gives a plus 1 to charisma when in social situations where good looks would help. I am not sure, since I don't have my books on me right now, but I think it has some minimum charisma prerequisite.

Better yet. The KoK Players guide has a feat chain with the following feats:

Eyes of Fury - free action to make one opponent shaken
Fearsome Appearance - enemies must make will saves to AoO you
Commanding Presence - similar to Eyes of Fury but more enemies.

They rock for paladins and similar guys with high charisma. I know some paladins who really think about taking these feats instead of PA/Divine Might. If you take a look at them, be sure to get the errata too. (Range of the effects and so is explained there)

Kae'Yoss

First Post
Piratecat said:
I know the quint. Rogue has two feats with a MAXIMUM charisma requirement. "Low Key" and "Contemptible Target" both require a charisma of 12 or less. Low key gives you a bonus to hide and diguise, making you look unrecognizeable. Contemptible Target uses low key as a pre-req, and makes enemies underestimate you, attacking you last unless you attack first.

What crap. What about the rule of giving no advantages for low scores? Well, what to expect from a quint? It further encourages putting a low score into cha.

CCamfield

First Post
There's one in - I think - Green Ronin's Assassin's book called "Weapon Panache" which is like weapon finesse, only for Charisma.

AEG's Mercenaries has

Battle Cry - gives +1 morale bonus to allies within 50' for 1d6 rounds, times/level based on Cha bonus (req Cha 13, BAB 4)
Natural Leader - give inspiration bonus to others' skill attempts, bonus and times/day based on Cha bonus (req Cha 13)
Natural Born Leader - give inspiration bonus to attack rolls in combat, similarly structured to NBL (req NL)
Rabble-Rouser - grants you a bunch of temporary followers (req: Leadership, Cha 13)

Plane Sailing

Piratecat said:
I know the quint. Rogue has two feats with a MAXIMUM charisma requirement. "Low Key" and "Contemptible Target" both require a charisma of 12 or less. Low key gives you a bonus to hide and diguise, making you look unrecognizeable. Contemptible Target uses low key as a pre-req, and makes enemies underestimate you, attacking you last unless you attack first.

I thought it required a Str of 12 or less? That's why I didn't get bulls str cast on Pringle! Was he cheated out of an extra 12 points damage on the dragon ;) (laughs)

KaeYoss said:

What crap. What about the rule of giving no advantages for low scores? Well, what to expect from a quint? It further encourages putting a low score into cha.

I have to agree. Feats like "Low Key" and "Contemptible Target" represent a misunderstanding of what Charisma is all about.

Having a low charisma score does not allow you to escape notice when you want to. Rather, it would prevent you from being noticed when that is NOT what you want, and cause you to draw attention when you would prefer to blend into the crowd.

The idea behind Charisma, as I understand it, is that it allows you to have a desired effect upon the external world by the force of your personality.

FlimFlam said:

Ohhh, what is Wildspeak? I play a Gnome... a Paladin Gnome at that, so Charisma is a high score for me.

I found the reference to Wildspeak on this site:
http://www.stormkeep.net/feat_master_list.htm

This is the direct quote:

Wildspeak [General]
You are more talented than most gnomes at speaking with animals.

Prerequisite: Gnome, Cha 15+

Benefit: You can speak with animals as a 1st level druid a number of times per day equal to your charisma bonus (minimum of once per day). This spell-like ability works just as the spell, and allows speech with all animals. This replaces the gnome's standard speak with animals ability.

Source: Dragon #291

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads