• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E What class do you think you want to play but never actually play?

Raith5

Adventurer
Warlord. I really wanted to play one in 4e to see what all the fuss was about:)

The rogue is another class that I seem to miss in every edition.

Sacrosanct

Legend
Lots. Because I’m usually the DM. So I’ve only been able to play a handful of PCs. For the past six months or so, I’d have to say my Barak concept (bear barbarian moon Druid inspired from David Eddings)

Shiroiken

Legend
I've only played a total of 5-6 characters in 5E, since I DM half the time. I have ideas of things I want to play, but I usually use those ideas as short term NPCs. I have had 3 characters in mind for use as a player: variant Human Oath of the Crown Paladin (Shield Master Feat to start), variant Tiefling Fiendish Pact Tome Warlock (wings option), and variant Drow Half-Elf Wild Mage Sorcerer. I haven't seen XGtE yet, and I image at least 1 new idea will jump out me too. Too many ideas, not enough games...

ccs

41st lv DM
I guess I'd have to say cleric.
I have several really cool models. And I have several great character ideas.

The thing is? I roll up a cleric & one of two things happens before I hit 3rd lv:
A) The character gets killed.
Or
B) The game collapses.
This has been happening so long that (other than as the DM) I haven't effectively played a cleric in this century.:(

Li Shenron

Legend
Druid.

It's not the only class I've never played, but as a fan of spellcasters the druid is a big miss in my experience as a player. With the new wildshape rules, I want to play a Druid in 5e more than ever.

Iry

Hero
Martial.

Just, anything that is a martial primary class. I never get around to it because they are a 7/10 for me, and most of the spellcaster classes are 8-9/10.

Mephista

Adventurer
Monk, mostly because my group has a tendacy to lean towards warrior classes - I usually end up going with a class to fill in the face or an exploratory niche.

Horwath

Legend
For 5E, it has to be the monk.

I really like the class concept, and I know that it's fairly balanced around the concept of having high Dex and Wisdom at the expense of Strength, but it just feels wrong to punch for 1d8+5 when I have a Strength of 8. Monks are supposed to be the physically strongest class, not the weakest.

Well, monks are fast, very fast.

That can be linked to dexterity, somewhat.

And kinetic energy is E=(m×v(sq))/2.

So even if you have low mass(str 8), you can generate a lot of speed(dex 20) and speed is squared so you can get a lot of energy from low mass impact.

anyway...on topic.

It's sword&board tank fighter.

Remove ads