• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What Core Races have you played?

I have/have not played:

• I have played a Human

Votes: 263 95.6%
  • I have never played a Human

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • I have played a Dwarf

Votes: 203 73.8%
  • I have never played a Dwarf

Votes: 61 22.2%
  • I have played an Elf

Votes: 212 77.1%
  • I have never played an Elf

Votes: 50 18.2%
  • I have played a Half-Elf

Votes: 161 58.5%
  • I have never played a Half-Elf

Votes: 100 36.4%
  • I have played a Half-Orc

Votes: 120 43.6%
  • I have never played a Half-Orc

Votes: 127 46.2%
  • I have played a Halfling

Votes: 172 62.5%
  • I have never played a Halfling

Votes: 89 32.4%

Hussar

Legend
Just curious due to the level of Gnome discussion. Currently in the poll about half of people have never played a gnome in D&D. So, let's see for the other races.

TwinBahamut

First Post
A mix of relatively few campaigns and my preference for Humans and unusual races like Changelings and Elans is making me vote mostly no. Given more time, I would probably play a Dwarf, at least. Dwarves rock. Results are interesting, so far.

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
I suppose I should ask a rather obvious question: is this poll supposed to be edition-specific? (not that it'd change my played-'em-all vote much except I've yet to play a 3e part-orc)

Lanefan

CanadienneBacon said:
In voting, I discovered that I have played every race save for half-elves.
Same for me (though I didn't play the Gnome either, but that's for the other poll :) )
Surprising. Somehow Half-Elves never gave me any incentive to play them. Probably I am too much of a power-gamer to play an Half Elf. :/

Pinotage

Explorer
Over the past 20 years in all D&D incarnations, I've played every race listed. However, I voted according to what I've played in 3e and 3.5e, and I was quite surprised to see that I've not yet played an elf, half-elf, or half-orc. I've played all the others though - gnome, halfling, human, dwarf. Weird.

Pinotage

I've only ever played a handful of 3rd edition characters - a human, two elves and a human who later became a tiefling (and a strange adventure that was!)

Remove ads