D&D (2024) What could OneD&D to bring YOU back to D&D? (+)

mamba

Legend
"In keeping with the spirit of One D&D, we're opening the DM's Guild and OGL to every edition of D&D, from the 1974 White Box to 4th Edition."
I'd have liked to not stop at 4, i.e. I want the official material as PDFs

I don't see leaving D&D and I mostly like what I have seen from OneD&D, looks like a streamlined more consistent and better balanced version to me. What I would be looking for in addition (not expecting to get it however) are

• a slower power progression (if the new level 20 is the current level 15 in power, that is fine)
  • stronger melee (via feats), weaker casters
  • drop all the new races like dragonborn, tiefling, aasimar, ... and stick to the 'standard' ones (I know, I can do that on my own too, so do not care all that much, but since 'you' asked ;) )
  • bring survival more to the front by weakening / removing Darkvision from chars (flight, water breathing etc. I got rid of by removing those races / species already), same for Goodberry, Tiny Hut etc. make them available later (I guess my first point would do that already to a degree) / more expensive

Last edited:

BlackSeed_Vash

Explorer
Make Intelligence a non-dump stat (excluding those that have it as their casting stat). Let me get extra languages/tool proficiency for each intelligence mod.
Make every Save important (looking at you Intelligence) or revert back to Fortitude, Reflex, Will.
Let martial feel just as epic at high levels as casters.
Pull Classes and Prestige Classes for 3.x - 4e and either make them into a class or archetype. They can keep psionic archetypes they already made, but make some pure psionic classes.
An actually use for gold.
Crafting rules (magical and mundane) that a player can make use of within the confines of any adventure they sell.

Yaarel

He Mage
Make eight Abilities.

• Strength
  • Constitution (Fortitude save)

• Dexterity
  • Athletics (Reflex save)

• Intelligence
  • Perception (Perception save)

• Charisma
  • Wisdom (Will save)

SpaceOtter

Drifting in otter space
Very specifically support Theatre of the Mind play with optional rules in the core. Not just ye olde, "Here's a highly specific measurement/distance that you need to eyeball or handwave." but something like zone-based combat. And not tucked away in a little sidebar somewhere, but presented after ye olde specific ranges/distances/areas everywhere where needed, e.g. "Range: 30 ft. (1 zone)" and called out big and bold from the onset as a distinct choice for play.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases