D&D 5E What D&D Product Can Be Seen In The Crystals?

WotC has posted an image of a pile of crystals through which distorted glimpses of what looks like a product can be seen. In the comments below, folks have been flipping, enhancing, and generally squinting at the image behind the crystals, and while it's hard to make out, guesses include 'Journey Through the Radiant Ocean' (although I personally think that first letter looks more like an X or...

WotC has posted an image of a pile of crystals through which distorted glimpses of what looks like a product can be seen. In the comments below, folks have been flipping, enhancing, and generally squinting at the image behind the crystals, and while it's hard to make out, guesses include 'Journey Through the Radiant Ocean' (although I personally think that first letter looks more like an X or K than a J). 'Citadel' is also a popular guess for that last word--'Journey(s) to/from the Radiant Citadel'? Take a look and see what you think (or check the comments for flipped and enhanced versions).

Screen Shot 2022-03-18 at 6.59.03 PM.png

In Spelljammer lore, the phlogiston--the space between the crystal spheres in which the prime material worlds can be found--is also known as the 'Rainbow Ocean'. And crystal seem on-brand for crystals spheres.

Below the text, the image appears to be of some kind of marketplace. Above it, WotC wrote "Through the depths of the Ethereal Plane is a beacon of possibility and adventure... "

There was apparently a press event today, pending some kind of product announcement on Tuesday.

GarrettKP

Explorer
Seems the most likely guess so far.
I don’t think so. So far, WotC has never followup up on a book in their adventure anthologies. If the First World lore was meant to set up a new adventure, it would be in the summer adventure, not in one of these anthologies.

I think Spelljammer or Planescape make more sense for a planar anthology, but I also expect they just do a more setting agnostic series of adventures, instead of using a setting for these.

Why are people so sure it is through? It could be tots of other words. Into, onto, and R2D2 all rhyme with poo.
It has to be between 5 and 7 letters for the two lines of text to align correctly. If you look back through the thread I made a list of possible pronouns (I'm a teacher so I used educational lists). "Through" is the only one that rhymes with poo. Solving puzzles isn't random guesswork.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I missed that. What is Saridor?
Yeah, the God of Gem Dragons: Fizban's Treasury of Drsgons changed the lore (which may have impacted dozens of games!), seemingly without a whole lot of reason
If they came up with a cool Adventure compilation hook, however...

Paul's hypothesis has to do with the Fizban's lore, the use of the Ruby colored crystal in the preview, and what a "Radiant Citadel" thar Adventurers might journey through could look like.

Paul's hypothesis has to do with the Fizban's lore, the use of the Ruby colored crystal in the preview, and what a "Radiant Citadel" thar Adventurers might journey through could look like.
And the old lore about Sardior's Ruby Citadel (that's no moon).

And the emoticon clue. Which page was that on?

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I don’t think so. So far, WotC has never followup up on a book in their adventure anthologies. If the First World lore was meant to set up a new adventure, it would be in the summer adventure, not in one of these anthologies.

I think Spelljammer or Planescape make more sense for a planar anthology, but I also expect they just do a more setting agnostic series of adventures, instead of using a setting for these.
Well, there's q first time for everything. The idea isn't necessarily a driving plot...but a hub space with a united theme.

It was a Ruby Palace that didn't roam the ethereal. It was on the prime and astral planes.
According to FR wiki: "Periodically, Sardior moved his fortress through the planes". Sardior

It cites locations on the Elemental Plane of Air and Mount Celestia. Presumably it could go any plane Sardior wanted. There is also an object that might match the description in Exandria (Call of the Netherdeep).

Castle, palace, fortress and citadel are synonyms. Ever do a crossword?

Last edited:

None of the dimension are ever accurate until closer to release. It might be a few months after the announcement before Amazon updates with accurate page count, weight, height, width, and depth.
I was pretty sure the measurements were inaccurate, but it was just amusing to me just how weird they were.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
According to FR wiki: "Periodically, Sardior moved his fortress through the planes". Sardior

It cites locations on the Elemental Plane of Air and Mount Celestia. Presumably it could go any plane Sardior wanted. There is also an object that might match the description in Exandria (Call of the Netherdeep).

Castle, palace, fortress and citadel are synonyms. Ever do a crossword?
It's possible, but I think it's a bit of a stretch.

Remove ads

Remove ads