• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What deity does YOUR Cleric worship?

ArielManx

First Post
I love playing clerics! In our main campaign I play a cleric/ranger/Harper Priest of Mielikki. I also have played a Cleric/Fighter/Doomguide of Kelemvor (one of the coolest gods in the FR pantheon, IMO).

Ariel

Trickstergod

First Post
Possibly not a surprise to some.

Enkili all the way, at least once the DM starts running the game. The trickster god of the Scarred Lands, god of mischief and misfortune, goddess of storms. Likely going to go Cleric/Sorcer/Mystic Theurge, using the sorcery-goodness for extra helpings of stealth and storms. Considering the game's starting off at 2nd level, it should be interesting to see just how well he actually fares in light of all the "Mystic Theurge is the sucks up until high levels" talk.

Even if I don't go that route before the game starts, though, I shall be going with a Cleric of Enkili regardless.

Dougal DeKree

First Post
clerics no fun?

Joshua Dyal said:
We can never get anyone in our groups to play clerics. ...<snip>...nobody thinks playing one is any fun.

Gee, i thought so, too. Right now i am playing my first cleric ever - a cleric of Helm. He _loves_ preaching helm's greatness whenever he can and he even tries when it doesn't fit. The whole group is united whenever he starts "let me tell you of Helm..." "oh no, here he goes again!" and ruder things. Even some opponents join in like "ok, if you stop preaching now, we can talk this over, right? Right?!"

It can be fun, playing a cleric, oh yes :)

Dougal DeKree, retired gnomish Illusionist

P.S.: Still the best example of a cleric who is fun for his player is Velendo from Piratecats SH, I'd think.

Garmorn

Explorer
Our group only has one cleric at the moment due to our lossing people. The current one is a cleric of The Mother. She goes out of her way to extablish churches and insure the party is taking care of the needy, just like the mom she is.

Howling Coyote said:
I've had the same problem a long time ago, but after forcing the group to make a cleric character couple of times they started making them automatically. And nobody's complaining anymore either.:)
Actually the guy's who are playing the clerics are the group’s strongest characters (besides maybe the lightning bolt throwing sorcerer:rolleyes: ).
We know the clerics are the strongest characters, we still don't like 'em. I'd never force any of my players to play clerics, though. I'm a real stickler for letting PCs do what they want.

arwink

Clockwork Golem
One cleric of Fhnarlanghn

One of a home-brew halfing god of wine, prophecy and revelry named Romney Willowtipple

Henry

Autoexreginated
I am the quintessential Cleric player - the one who was always "stuck" with playing clerics in AD&D, only I wasn't "Stuck" - I enjoyed the heck out of it, and I still enjoy playing them.

Characters I've played over time are:

Cleric of Helm
Human Druid
Half-Elf Druid
Halfling Druid
Cleric of St. Cuthbert
Cleric of Tempus
Cleric of Tyr
Cleric of Nala (a version of Wee Jas, Death and Magic)

Of all of them, my personal favorite are Cleric of St. Cuthbert. Being able to squash heads in the name of righteousness is always fun, and being able once per day to combine the domain powers of Strength and Destruction is always fun to see the look on a DM's face when you tell him how much damage the "piddly cleric" did. :)

Remove ads