• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What did Monte mean?

Kae'Yoss

First Post
Monte At Home said:
And myself as well, not to mention the work of my career of which I'm most proud.

If I remember the thread, it was entitled "What do you REALLY think of d20," or something like that, which I thought was a funny thread to post here at ENWorld in the first place. So I jokingly said that it was terrible and designed by hacks. That's a joke. It's irony. Self-depricating irony. When I saw Diaglo and others putting it into their sig, I thought it was funny, but later worried that just this sort of thing would happen. Oh well.

Never underestimate people's ability to take offense at things that are very clearly not to be taken seriously.

Remember Bonsai Kittens?

And we had a German website called rent-a-killer.de where you could hire someone to get rid of someone "for real". In the end, they had to put up disclaimers that it's only meant in jest.

And there was a very effective page called "Pet Solution" (http://www.petsolution.de/) that seemingly offers "taking care of your pet problem, discreetly and with every comfort. Your dog was a mispurchase? Let us take care of it". Once you click on anything, it says "Shocked? This isn't real. But we needed your attention to tell you about the thousands of pets that are abandoned every year."

librarius_arcana

First Post
Umbran said:
Heard the term, sure. But whatever else we may think of him, Monte has repeatedly shown himself to be highly professional in behavior, with far too much class to slight his coworkers in public like that. To do so would be out of character for the man.

Ho come on he's a person as well, and allowed his own opinion, (better that than be two faced) I can't remember for totally for sure, but I'm pretty certain hes said somewhere that he wasn't totally happy on how 3.X came out, that he wanted to push the development of the game further, but it didn't happen, due to somebody else's decision, (Am I wrong?)

And would seem to make sense within light of that other statement,
(you don't need to be a genius to work it out, do you)

MavrickWeirdo

First Post
Piratecat said:
Based on things Monte has written, I have no doubt that he feels a little too much of the rules balance has shifted from DM to player, and AE has shown that he's seen areas to change or streamline (such as skills and spells.)

But actually, I'm saying that Monte was clearly joking, that you shouldn't believe everything you read on the internet, that this is how bad internet rumors get started, that conspiracies aren't actually crouching in the shadows, and that I can't actually believe someone would take that seriously. It's a little embarrassing to have to be explicit about this. :)
So you admit that the lack of conspiracies is just a rumor! The truth is out there!

Why no, I didn't takie my meds today, how did you know?

coyote6

Adventurer
MavrickWeirdo said:
So you admit that the lack of conspiracies is just a rumor! The truth is out there!

As long as the truth is out there, and we're in here, posting on the all-knowing Internet, we'll be safe.

Also, confused.

Remove ads