D&D General What Do These People Eat?

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
For some reason, I just had this idea pop into my head that gnomes would be huge fans of tortillas and tacos.

So I followed my suspicions to YouTube and found this:

I’ve seen these things in more than one Tex-Mex joint over the years, and that has to have been the neuron group that fired.
That’s great.

the Jester

Legend
In my campaign, the dwarven sense of taste is very poor and blunt. It's so bad that dwarven food is a joke to most of the other races, and in fact, there's a whole running gag about how their racial resistance to poison comes from eating dwarven cooking.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
In my campaign, the dwarven sense of taste is very poor and blunt. It's so bad that dwarven food is a joke to most of the other races, and in fact, there's a whole running gag about how their racial resistance to poison comes from eating dwarven cooking.
Perhaps they have evolved a taste for using minerals in addition to salt as seasonings. Like...Xorn lite.

“Pass the arsenic, please.”

“Would you like done asbestos or sulphur as well?”

“On mutton? Do I look like a svirfneblin?!?l”

...which could also explain their lust for gold. Not only is it invaluable as currency and for jewelry craft, the powder could be their version of saffron.

Note: gold is used in some dishes in RW human cuisine, soooooo...

G

Guest 6801328

For some reason, I just had this idea pop into my head that gnomes would be huge fans of tortillas and tacos.

So I followed my suspicions to YouTube and found this:

I’ve seen these things in more than one Tex-Mex joint over the years, and that has to have been the neuron group that fired.
I have always wanted one of those machines.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
A pemmican-like food could be created by a variety of cultures.
Looks like something my islands world culture of semi-nocturnal people's would make. They live by the hunt, and make just about everything that can be made from thier hunted elk-like creature, and sell what they can't use/conveniently carry.

They also like spicey food cooked quickly over high heat, with charred but still crisp root veggies, and rice. Pemmican seems like it would mix well with that.

Remove ads