What do you make and what do you do?

Gamers! How much do you make and what do you do?

• I make under $15,000 a year

Votes: 7 2.9%
  • I make $15,001 to $25,000 a year

Votes: 7 2.9%
  • I make $25,001 to $35,000 a year

Votes: 16 6.7%
  • I make $35,001 to $45,000 a year

Votes: 33 13.8%
  • I make $45,001 to $55,000 a year

Votes: 27 11.3%
  • I make $55,001 to $65,000 a year

Votes: 14 5.9%
  • I make $65,001 to $75,000 a year

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • I make $75,001 or more a year

Votes: 72 30.1%
  • I am unemployed, a college student, have a disability, or don't earn an income in a regular manner.

Votes: 38 15.9%

• Poll closed .

Scotley

Hero
I have a Masters in Psychology and I Direct the operations of a small company that provides residential and day services to adults with developmental disabilities.

My wife is not a gamer and would prefer that our children not be gamers, but my youngest--at 3 and a three-quarters is very imaginative and would be a great DM.

My older (step) children have tried games and moved on quickly to other interests. I neither encouraged or discouraged them.

greywulf

First Post
Freelance business analyst and code monkey who really wants to be a full-time professional photographer but keeps getting bribed by evil corporate syndicates to fix their problems for them.

It's a hard life :)

cholke

First Post
Fixed Income Research Analyst. Have an MBA and am getting ready to take Level II in the Chartered Financial Analyst program.

Ahnehnois

First Post
I'm finishing my undergrad degree this summer before shooting for med school. I'm currently living on family money, and it will be a long, long time before I have a well-paying job.

Mister Doug

First Post
Academic advisor at a large public research university and recently returned to graduate school for my Ed. D. so that I can become a corrupt high-level college administrator or institutional researcher.

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
I have a small game company, do a lot of freelance work (in various fields), and am a fulltime college student, too. For the purposes of this poll, do I count scholarship awards as income? :)

Lots of fascinating jobs.

I am a Database Administrator (DBA) for a large, urban school district. It is not fascinating at all. In the past, I have considered quitting to work at a scrapbook store or coffeehouse. As soon as my son's braces come off (2-3 years), and he finishes high school (5 years), I might just do that. Until then, school tuition and benefits are my golden handcuff.

Mark said:
I have a small game company, do a lot of freelance work (in various fields), and am a fulltime college student, too. For the purposes of this poll, do I count scholarship awards as income? :)

If they're taxed by the government as income, yes. ;)

I started grad school many decades ago--right when the law changed to start taxing scholarships/fellowships as income. I'm still bitter about that. :D (Maybe it's changed; I hope so, but doubt it.)

Remove ads