What do you put on a hot-dog?

Abraxas

Explorer
I have a few favorites - First I really prefer Kogel or Hebrew National dogs.
Then I mix and match
1) Flint style chili, mustard & onions
2) A deep-fried hot dog with crisp bacon, Detroit-style chili, cole slaw and jalapenos
3) The Yesterdog's Ultradog - chili, cheese, onions, pickles, ketchup, mustard
4) mustard, onions, emerald relish, a dill pickle spear, tomatoes, pickled sport peppers and a dash of celery salt.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I used to love a good corn dog- usually with either mustard or katsup- never both- but I haven't had one in decades due to a mild corn allergy. I still eat corn, but I pick and choose which forms are worth getting sick over.

Fried catfish, corn tortillas with salsa, popcorn at a movie, the occasional buttered ear? They all rate a yes.

Corn dogs, not so much.

Herschel

Adventurer
I love good saurkraut, but it makes a standard dog too messy and dominates the flavor.

Option B: ketchup and a good mustard (both light)
Option C: Chili, cheese and raw onion
Option D: Chicago Dog (minus the gross "sport peppers")

Any of the three are fine. However:

Option A: A better sausage, most likely Polish or German.

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Brats with kraut and onions. That is a must.

Hebrew national dogs I like home made chilli, thick, minced onions, chedder, mustard.

I also like to cook taters, sausage, kraut with a side spot of ketchep for the sausage. it is a good thing to make as it is really cheap, unless you buy really good kraut!

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Mustard. Or ramen. Actually the dogs get sliced up and cooked in the ramen.
I am glad you clarified that, I tried to picture ground up noodle or cooked noodles on a dog and it wasn't working for me at all!

by the way, are you a student? Let me guess computer engineering? maybe combined with electrical/electronic engineering?

Last edited:

Remove ads