• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What do you put on a hot-dog?

Abraxas

Explorer
I have a few favorites - First I really prefer Kogel or Hebrew National dogs.
Then I mix and match
1) Flint style chili, mustard & onions
2) A deep-fried hot dog with crisp bacon, Detroit-style chili, cole slaw and jalapenos
3) The Yesterdog's Ultradog - chili, cheese, onions, pickles, ketchup, mustard
4) mustard, onions, emerald relish, a dill pickle spear, tomatoes, pickled sport peppers and a dash of celery salt.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I used to love a good corn dog- usually with either mustard or katsup- never both- but I haven't had one in decades due to a mild corn allergy. I still eat corn, but I pick and choose which forms are worth getting sick over.

Fried catfish, corn tortillas with salsa, popcorn at a movie, the occasional buttered ear? They all rate a yes.

Corn dogs, not so much.

Herschel

Adventurer
I love good saurkraut, but it makes a standard dog too messy and dominates the flavor.

Option B: ketchup and a good mustard (both light)
Option C: Chili, cheese and raw onion
Option D: Chicago Dog (minus the gross "sport peppers")

Any of the three are fine. However:

Option A: A better sausage, most likely Polish or German.

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Brats with kraut and onions. That is a must.

Hebrew national dogs I like home made chilli, thick, minced onions, chedder, mustard.

I also like to cook taters, sausage, kraut with a side spot of ketchep for the sausage. it is a good thing to make as it is really cheap, unless you buy really good kraut!

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Mustard. Or ramen. Actually the dogs get sliced up and cooked in the ramen.
I am glad you clarified that, I tried to picture ground up noodle or cooked noodles on a dog and it wasn't working for me at all!

by the way, are you a student? Let me guess computer engineering? maybe combined with electrical/electronic engineering?

Last edited:

Remove ads