Mystaran Adventures (Closed)

Jemal

Adventurer
Well, he didn't get accepted to another game, but I really wanna try him...
Dwarven Barbarian & Mastersmith, eventually to become leader of a great war tribe.

I've been thinking of playing a Dwarven Barbarian lately... Later multiclassing into Fighter and, if the comp war is allowed, Exotic W. Master(Dwarven Waraxe) and Frenzied Berserker.

I'm basing the character loosely off of an NPC one of my DM's used to use in a campaign that I loved. The original was a polymorphed Goblin named Yub Yub who became a Dwarven Berserker and leader of the barbarian tribes.

I'll be dropping the "polymorphed golin named yub yub" part, but I like the Dwarf raised by barbarians who eventually becomes a great leader"

He was seperated from his clan during a trip across land, when they were attacked by orcs. A barbarian tribe friendly to the dwarf clan found them and chased off the orcs, but only the Child remained, so the barbarian chief took him in and raised him as a son. He's a rather peculiar dwarf, though his 'familial instinct' still exists, directed to his tribe rather than clan, and he still feels the dwarven blood-ties as strongly as any other. Not quite as gruff as most dwarves, he's a very outgoing person, and is comfortable both inside and out, as well as being trained on horseback (Having overcome his fear of horses as a child), In Swimming, and general outdoorsmanship. Even though he wasn't raised around smiths (Apart from his childhood years), his natural skill with metal still shines through, and he quickly became his tribe's main armourer.

As far as Build-wise, after 2 brb, I would be taking levels of fighter as he gets more experienced and gets actual training, and I plan on having Leadership in the future.
Stats in order would be STR, CON, CHA, DEX, INT, WIS. He'd be weilding a Dwarven Waraxe and a Shield, and wearing Breast Plate. (All of which are self-made). Assuming Comp War is ok, I'd plan on eventually taking Exotic Weapon Master.
The Shield would be situational. If we need offense, drop it and Waraxe 2-handed. Defensive = shield. I'll also have Extra Rage so I never run out of being angry.

Also, being a dwarf with Lotsa str and barbarian levels mean I can carry hundreds of pounds of gear and still keep up w/ normal humans.

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Jemal said:
Well, he didn't get accepted to another game, but I really wanna try him...
Dwarven Barbarian & Mastersmith, eventually to become leader of a great war tribe.

I've been thinking of playing a Dwarven Barbarian lately... Later multiclassing into Fighter and, if the comp war is allowed, Exotic W. Master(Dwarven Waraxe) and Frenzied Berserker.

I'm basing the character loosely off of an NPC one of my DM's used to use in a campaign that I loved. The original was a polymorphed Goblin named Yub Yub who became a Dwarven Berserker and leader of the barbarian tribes.

I'll be dropping the "polymorphed golin named yub yub" part, but I like the Dwarf raised by barbarians who eventually becomes a great leader"

He was seperated from his clan during a trip across land, when they were attacked by orcs. A barbarian tribe friendly to the dwarf clan found them and chased off the orcs, but only the Child remained, so the barbarian chief took him in and raised him as a son. He's a rather peculiar dwarf, though his 'familial instinct' still exists, directed to his tribe rather than clan, and he still feels the dwarven blood-ties as strongly as any other. Not quite as gruff as most dwarves, he's a very outgoing person, and is comfortable both inside and out, as well as being trained on horseback (Having overcome his fear of horses as a child), In Swimming, and general outdoorsmanship. Even though he wasn't raised around smiths (Apart from his childhood years), his natural skill with metal still shines through, and he quickly became his tribe's main armourer.

As far as Build-wise, after 2 brb, I would be taking levels of fighter as he gets more experienced and gets actual training, and I plan on having Leadership in the future.
Stats in order would be STR, CON, CHA, DEX, INT, WIS. He'd be weilding a Dwarven Waraxe and a Shield, and wearing Breast Plate. (All of which are self-made). Assuming Comp War is ok, I'd plan on eventually taking Exotic Weapon Master.
The Shield would be situational. If we need offense, drop it and Waraxe 2-handed. Defensive = shield. I'll also have Extra Rage so I never run out of being angry.

Also, being a dwarf with Lotsa str and barbarian levels mean I can carry hundreds of pounds of gear and still keep up w/ normal humans.
Sounds interesting I look forward to see the fleshed out character. Also Comp War is fine by me.

Jemal

Adventurer
The Dwarf: (Needs a suitably dwarven/barbarian/Chieftan Name)
Also, some of the items are Self-Made, do you approve?
PS, I don't know how much gold BRB 1 starts with? (It's not in SRD, and I didn't bring my core books)
[sblock=Jemal's Submission(Under Construction)]
Dwarven Barbarian 1
AL: Neutral HT: 4'2" WT: 170 Hair: Thick, Red, w/Mid-sized beard Eyes: Brown Age: 50

STR: 16 (+3) [10 Points]
DEX: 14 (+2) [6 Points]
CON: 12 (+1) [2 Points +2 Racial]
INT: 12 (+1) [4 Points]
WIS: 10 (+0) [2 Points]
CHA: 12 (+1) [6 Points -2 Racial]

HP: 13 (1d12+1) AC: 19 (10 base +2 dex +5 armour +2 shield)
Saves: FORT: +3(2 base + 1 con) REF: +2(0 base + 2 dex) WILL: +0(0 base + 0 wis)
Init: +2 Speed: 30'

Bab: 1
Attacks:
Dwarven Waraxe +4, 1d10+3 damage (X3 threat)

Skills(Total/Ranks):[20 Points] Craft:Armour(+9/4), Craft:Weapon(+9/4), Ride(+4/2), Swim(+5/2), Survival(+4/4), 4 more

Feats[1]:

Class Features: Rage 1/day, Fast Movement, Illiteracy

Racial Features: Darkvision 60', Stonecunning, Stability, +2 save vs poison, +2 save vs spells and spell-like effects, +1 attack vs orcs and goblinoids, +4 dodge vs giant type, +2 Appraise/Craft related to stone or metal.

Languages: Common, Dwarven, 1 more

Equipment:
*Dwarven Waraxe (10gp)
*Breast Plate (66.7GP)
*Heavy Steel Shield (6.7GP)
MW Smithing Tools (55 GP)

*Special Note: Self made Waraxe, Armour, and Shield, customized to self.. Taking 10, craft check=19.
Dwarven Waraxe costs 100 SP to make, DC 18. Progress: 342SP/week(need 300). Time: 1 week.
Chain Mail costs 667 SP to make, DC 15. Progress: 285 SP/week(need 2000) Time: 7 weeks, 1 day.
Hvy Stl Shield costs 67 SP to make, DC 12. Progress: 228SP/week(need 200) Time: 1 week.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

ethandrew

First Post
I finally updated the background on In-gwee-aye (How I pronounce it in my head), it's back in Post #26. I hope it's up to standards for your liking. If I took too many liberties, let me know.

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Jemal said:
So is there a deadline for Character's to be finished by?

Also, did you have any problems with my char?
I'll give everyone two more days to submit characters, then we'll get started.

Also I like your character concept, and it's fine by me if you dwarf crafted some of his own items.

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Since there were only 6 submissions I'm happy to accept everyone into this game. I'll spend some time going over everyone's characters and look at getting started shortly.

At this stage most of you live in and around Threshold, so I'm going to assume that you were all recently hired as guards for a caravan that went from Threshold to Verge and back again, during this time together you discovered kindred spirits and decided it would be easier to find work if you operated together. I'll start the adventure as you return to Threshold after finishing your guard duty.

To simulate the fact that you undertook this job everyone starts with off with 50 crowns (GP) and 50 XP's.

Also can everyone please let me know if they are still interested in participating in this game.

ethandrew

First Post
I am still interested and ready to get this started! If it pleases, I think Ingwe will use the yellow-green color. If anyone has issues with it, can't read it, let me know.

Rolzup

First Post
Still here, still interested, and -- if there are no objections -- Olaf will speak in Red. Befitting his name.

Remove ads