Dragonlance What do you think of the Kender?

Waller

Legend
Final version is a bit different from the playtest versions.

• Floating ASIs as normal now, Common plus one lang
  • Humanoid, small, 30-ft speed
  • Fearless gives advantage on frightened saves, and once per long rest you can auto-succeed on a frightened save
  • Aptitude gives a free skill prof from insight, investigation, sleight of hand, stealth, survival
  • Taunt is a bonus action, 60 ft range, Wisdom save or disadvantage against anybody except the kender until start of the kender's next turn. Uses choice of Int, Wis, Cha for the save DC. Uses prof bonus per long rest.

What do you think? I think it's OK but it's a bit watered down. I don't know what the right solution for the 'kleptomania' thing was, but I'm not sure cutting it out altogether would have been my choice.

James Gasik

We don't talk about Pun-Pun
Supporter
The change to Fearless was unnecessary, IMO. I don't know why WotC is so afraid of giving characters actual immunities. Also, I'm amused by all the "usable x times per day" abilities returning in 5e, after being soundly rejected in previous editions ("why can my character only perform his Vorpal Tornado attack once per day?").

Final version is a bit different from the playtest versions.

• Floating ASIs as normal now, Common plus one lang
  • Humanoid, small, 30-ft speed
  • Fearless gives advantage on frightened saves, and once per long rest you can auto-succeed on a frightened save
  • Aptitude gives a free skill prof from insight, investigation, sleight of hand, stealth, survival
  • Taunt is a bonus action, 60 ft range, Wisdom save or disadvantage against anybody except the kender until start of the kender's next turn. Uses choice of Int, Wis, Cha for the save DC. Uses prof bonus per long rest.

What do you think? I think it's OK but it's a bit watered down. I don't know what the right solution for the 'kleptomania' thing was, but I'm not sure cutting it out altogether would have been my choice.
I like it. I think I would have liked it more if they kept the halfing reroll 1s... but I like it.

I don't have the book (and may not until Christmas now) but if the fluff isn't that they are all kleptomaniacs that can't understand basic concepts but also everyone has to love... It will be perfect.

Remove ads