What do you think of this race

Carnifex

First Post
RogueJK said:

And the main reason that Drow are ECL +3 is their Spell Resistance. Take that away, and they are merely ECL +2.

I thought Drow *were* ECL +2.

No matter - IMC they're still just cannon fodder for the other underdark races (the *real* masters ;) ).

Also, you mentioned that hobgoblins are ECL +1, but I seem to remember in my DMG them only being rated as ECL +0.

Old Fezziwig

Well, that was a real trip for biscuits.
RogueJK said:

Woah... hold on a second there. Have you compared the Sheetah to any of the other ECL +3 races? They aren't even close to +3 ECL, IMNSHO. And the main reason that Drow are ECL +3 is their Spell Resistance. Take that away, and they are merely ECL +2.

Whoa, yourself :). Yeah, +3 is high. I had it at +2, then at +1, abck to +2, and back to +3 again (apparently) as I was typing. And, yes, I did have the books open and was looking at the other races. In retrospect, +2 is definitely more reasonable and probably a better choice. My bad.

Best,
tKL, off to eat more crow.

RogueJK

It's not "Rouge"... That's makeup.
Carnifex said:

I thought Drow *were* ECL +2.

No matter - IMC they're still just cannon fodder for the other underdark races (the *real* masters ;) ).

Also, you mentioned that hobgoblins are ECL +1, but I seem to remember in my DMG them only being rated as ECL +0.

You're right... Drow are only ECL +2. If didn't check my books before posting. :eek: That statement should read "The only reason that Drow are ECL +2 is their Spell Resistance. Take that away, and they are merely ECL +1."

And Hobgoblins have been changed to ECL +1 both in the FRCS errata and in the Dragon 293 article lisitng most MM monsters' ECLs.

Last edited:

Old Fezziwig

Well, that was a real trip for biscuits.
This is kind of a hijack, but perhaps someone can clear this up for me:

Originally posted by RogueJK
The only reason that Drow are ECL +2 is their Spell Resistance. Take that away, and they are merely ECL +1.

Where does their vulnerability to sunlight come into play then, when figuring their ECL? Or does it? I would guess that it would reduce it, but it may not be a consistent enough factor to have any noticeable effect.

thanks,
tKL

Remove ads