• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What do you think of this race

Carnifex

First Post
RogueJK said:

And the main reason that Drow are ECL +3 is their Spell Resistance. Take that away, and they are merely ECL +2.

I thought Drow *were* ECL +2.

No matter - IMC they're still just cannon fodder for the other underdark races (the *real* masters ;) ).

Also, you mentioned that hobgoblins are ECL +1, but I seem to remember in my DMG them only being rated as ECL +0.

Old Fezziwig

Well, that was a real trip for biscuits.
RogueJK said:

Woah... hold on a second there. Have you compared the Sheetah to any of the other ECL +3 races? They aren't even close to +3 ECL, IMNSHO. And the main reason that Drow are ECL +3 is their Spell Resistance. Take that away, and they are merely ECL +2.

Whoa, yourself :). Yeah, +3 is high. I had it at +2, then at +1, abck to +2, and back to +3 again (apparently) as I was typing. And, yes, I did have the books open and was looking at the other races. In retrospect, +2 is definitely more reasonable and probably a better choice. My bad.

Best,
tKL, off to eat more crow.

RogueJK

It's not "Rouge"... That's makeup.
Carnifex said:

I thought Drow *were* ECL +2.

No matter - IMC they're still just cannon fodder for the other underdark races (the *real* masters ;) ).

Also, you mentioned that hobgoblins are ECL +1, but I seem to remember in my DMG them only being rated as ECL +0.

You're right... Drow are only ECL +2. If didn't check my books before posting. :eek: That statement should read "The only reason that Drow are ECL +2 is their Spell Resistance. Take that away, and they are merely ECL +1."

And Hobgoblins have been changed to ECL +1 both in the FRCS errata and in the Dragon 293 article lisitng most MM monsters' ECLs.

Last edited:

Old Fezziwig

Well, that was a real trip for biscuits.
This is kind of a hijack, but perhaps someone can clear this up for me:

Originally posted by RogueJK
The only reason that Drow are ECL +2 is their Spell Resistance. Take that away, and they are merely ECL +1.

Where does their vulnerability to sunlight come into play then, when figuring their ECL? Or does it? I would guess that it would reduce it, but it may not be a consistent enough factor to have any noticeable effect.

thanks,
tKL

Remove ads